Non-Violent Modification Rate Topic: -----

Just as a thought!

#11 User is offline   Tomxor Icon

• Account: tomxor

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:51 PM

I forgot all about this :P I still find the idea hilarious

View PostVortex2, on 12 May 2017 - 04:37 AM, said:

- Confetti grenades

Yes! they don't physically harm people, they are like flash grenades, they are just very distracting and make everyone within a certain radius dance around.

View PostVortex2, on 12 May 2017 - 04:37 AM, said:

- Custom nades, as you say, like chew toys which don't detonate (and can be picked up and collected for no apparent reason)

- Cupcake proximity mines which don't actually detonate, but which may be picked and eaten (Non-Violent Modification only)

Non sequitur, fantastic, there should be more of these. Reminds me of Mr Stealy:

There should of course be a shop at the end of each round where you can exchange them for other completely useless items.

What I can't think of yet is what to replace the actual projectile weapons with... ya know the main part of the game :D water guns a quite physically different, bit like shooting arrows and they are far too gun looking.

I guess you could just forget instant projectiles and make everything close combat and trap/bomb based in terms of function.

It actually sounds fun tbh.

This post has been edited by Tomxor: 06 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

#12 User is offline   Chameleon.hider Icon

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:20 PM

Paintball. Doesn't matter much if we are talking about physical projectile or instant hit, paintball would be kinda nice. There's a game Paintball2 made on Quake II, but it is showing its age, I believe Urban Terror has good enough engine (and movement system) that would make the game challenging and fun.
Here: http://digitalpaint.org/

Coupling paintball with proper Freeze mode would make an explosively fun game :)
Proper Freeze mode => thawing with heal button.

This post has been edited by Chameleon.hider: 13 April 2018 - 03:24 PM

War is hell, that's why "fun over realism".
CoD/Bf/MoH is "let's fake realism and pretend it's fun".

#13 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:02 PM

Is it really changing the game enough to replace the current fake guns with fake fake guns?
Enough to justify the time and effort needed?

#14 User is offline   Aspeedcuber Icon

• Account: aspeedcuber

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:29 AM

-Turn off blood
-Play freeze tag

#15 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:05 AM

Does non-violent mean you don’t have to load up your hax?;)

Hiya all! Who’s still around?!
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:25 PM

Nerf guns. So you can watch to projectiles bounce off the other players and you have to be no more than 10 feet away to actually score a hit. Then you need to have an argument mode so you can argue for 10 minutes about whether you actually scored a hit. After a round of that, you'll be begging for full gore again.
Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942