Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

slightly offtopic (quake2?) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Insane_Penquin (old) Icon

• Locationwaco, tx

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:28 AM

so i was reading on the quakecon website that they are going to have a quake2 tournament and i broke out my old quake2 cd and went over to http://www.icculus.org/quake2/ and got an rpm for my binary purposes. now my question is this why does the opengl run so slow, i have 9800pro and the game is unusable. heres the command im using and i am guessing that im using the right libgl but maybe not.

[jake@zeos386sx quake2]$ ./sdlquake2 +set vid_ref glx +set gl_driver /usr/lib/ati-fglrx/libGL.so.1

im using the sdlquake2 because the alsa support is no bueno. has anyone had this problem and solved it, i didnt see anything in the README about ati cards.

edit: nvm, the fglrx wasnt loaded for some reason. now it just gives some kind of error and doesnt even load. i guess i'll have to do some investigating.

#2 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

I had quake2 running fine, but it wasn't the sdl-version, more like the quake2 forge or source version compiled on my gentoo system. Can't help on the ati issue otherwise since I never had an ati card when running quake2.

#3 User is offline   Insane_Penquin (old) Icon

• Locationwaco, tx

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:13 PM

its turns out that the problem is more with quake2 not jiving with alsa, although sdlquake2 defintely doesnt like the fglrx driver. ill give quake2forge a try, i was /am using the package from icculus.org/quake2.

edit: quake2forge works almost perfectly. the only problem is the mouse doesnt work right, but ill figure it out.

edit2: _windowed_mouse needed to be set to 1

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942