Urban Terror Forums: How to have 100.000 + players for Resurgence ? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to have 100.000 + players for Resurgence ?

#21 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

Marketing is good and all that, but until you actually have a product ready there's not really much of a point. Start marketing too soon you get people's hopes up, then they get frustrated waiting, then you've lost them forever.

#23 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

I'd say ride on the hype train that is going on right now with all old school games getting a reboot!

Hire someone to make an epic teaser promoting the developement of Urban Terror Resurgence.

• Let it have flashy retro fonts and effects, people love that shiet :D
  • Have it mixed with both footage from the old versions of the game and current Work in progress footage to make people understand that this game actually existed 17 years ago!
  • Have cocky texts like: "Real physics wallrunning, not Scripted like those other games!" (I'm not good at this xD)

Example: https://www.youtube....h?v=axaWdgsduMU
https://www.youtube....h?v=FoYcjeHVbnI

And while we are at it, you should make another site just for Resurgance.
  • Under the Teaser trailer there should be a link to this site
  • It should Instantly show you WIP pictures and videos.
  • Information of what this game is and what people can expect should be an easy click away.
  • This site will be clean and simply just Resurgance stuff, leave all the other shietz to this forum.
  • It's only purpose is to let people know something awesome is being built etc.
  • Have an option to sign up to the alpha or beta later on / a news letter etc.
(so they can get an email months later when they had forgot about this game/site and that will instantly hype them up again)
Example: https://quake.bethesda.net/en

Or if being lazy, have a site like this: http://www.nmrih2.com/

I really suck at explaining things so im sorry if i dont make sense sometimes, i really think something like this is a good idea though.

Thanks for reading! <3
//Swiiitan

This post has been edited by JustMe...: 28 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#24 User is offline   NoYd Icon

• Account: noyd

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:38 PM

View PostTehReaper, on 27 April 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Marketing is good and all that, but until you actually have a product ready there's not really much of a point. Start marketing too soon you get people's hopes up, then they get frustrated waiting, then you've lost them forever.

You're right about timing. And I will say, it's important to keep the interest of people without being pushy. Too soon is good. If we have a release date... or things like beta accesses, things that can prove the game is coming.

@Frankie

Yap, totally agree. I imagine people in 2020 seeing the game "But wtf, it's outdated!" lol

@JustMe

Cmon talk on Discord man, you've just got awesome ideas. I would really love to do this!

#25 User is offline   Emerald64 Icon

• Account: emerald64

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:19 AM

When I hear "Marketing", I like to personally translate those words to mean "Memes and fun propaganda" for specifically tailored groups, albeit multiple ideal groups. I'll get to researching some decent examples to show what I had in mind so you can orientate it to what you feel is ideal.

I really loved the way you presented your first post. You say customer-focus and then show an effort to translate your experience into a player-focused model, which really inspires my call center background to find some way to help you. (I imagined your writing as a good team pep talk from excellent past supervisors I've had before.)

And you are absolutely right! Player feedback needs to be reviewed and carefully organized, so we can know what works and what doesn't.

Community is important. Whether it's simply chatting in game or updating our statuses on social media, a new or seasoned player will have urban terror on their mind after they've played the game for a few minutes or hours, and it is up to us to give them the right impression so UT can go viral. (How to turn a Stranger into a Promoter.)

and of course, fun. We need to show them how to have fun. Cus that's the whole point... well... and competition. Fun, cold hard vengeful, competition.

This post has been edited by Emerald64: 09 May 2017 - 01:22 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostNoYd, on 01 May 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

@JustMe

Cmon talk on Discord man, you've just got awesome ideas. I would really love to do this!

You're saying you wanna make a teaser trailer for Resurgence? or just wanna chat on discord? :laugh: (I am on discord named Swiiitan, never seen you online there though :tongue: )

Anyways thanks for the kind words! I'm passionate about this game and i'm happy at least someone likes my ideas :happy:

But for real, i think this game has great potential and I've played so many mods that became standalone games with success, and i hope this game can to <3

#28 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 10 May 2017 - 02:38 AM, said:

Well if you realllllyyyyyy want to help out something that we are short on are PA's that we can abuse to fill in the need to do but have no time gaps.

I do know that we are working on a teaser but lack bodies who can capture raw in-game footage so if your into doing some grunt work give Barbie a poke, sign the paper work, and I'm sure we could find something time consuming for you to do.

PA as in personal assistant? ^^ I'm not really into BDSM :rolleyes:
But yeah sure ill talk to Barbie I'd love to help if I could :biggrin:

#29 User is offline   NoYd Icon

• Account: noyd

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostJustMe..., on 09 May 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

You're saying you wanna make a teaser trailer for Resurgence? or just wanna chat on discord? :laugh: (I am on discord named Swiiitan, never seen you online there though :tongue: )

Anyways thanks for the kind words! I'm passionate about this game and i'm happy at least someone likes my ideas :happy:

But for real, i think this game has great potential and I've played so many mods that became standalone games with success, and i hope this game can to <3

Hey, I've another name on it, that's why ;)

Btw, yeah, I would love to help you make the trailer real, I add you as friend. My name is RandhAumly.

@Emerald Thanks for support, that's highly appreciated my friend! You're absolutely right about fun... that's exactly the point of UrT lol :p

#30 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

View PostNoYd, on 30 May 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Hey, I've another name on it, that's why ;)

Btw, yeah, I would love to help you make the trailer real, I add you as friend. My name is RandhAumly.

Oh i see :D

Well dude im not making the trailer, i just shared my view on how the trailer should be :)

Frozen sand is already making a trailer though barbatos told me (:

but please go ahead and add me, we can still chat <3

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942