Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Very Low Performance Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   captaincatfish Icon

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

My Mac is a 2012 Macbook Pro Retina w/ 8GB RAM, GeForce 650M (1GB) and a 2.6GHz Core i7 with OS 10.13 (High Sierra).

It's very frequent while playing to get huge famerate drops (from 60fps down to below 30fps) and a very laggy mouse input that makes it impossible to aim.
It happens when I look into areas with longer view distances and maybe a lot of players.
But this is not normal correct? Last time I played UT (maybe around 2012) I could run at the native resolution (2880x1800) with perfect performance and zero framerate issues.

There should be nothing stopping my machine from running at a locked 60fps no matter what, right?
Anything I can check out, to try to fix it?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:01 PM

View Postcaptaincatfish, on 15 October 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

My Mac is a 2012 Macbook Pro Retina w/ 8GB RAM, GeForce 650M (1GB) and a 2.6GHz Core i7 with OS 10.13 (High Sierra).

It's very frequent while playing to get huge famerate drops (from 60fps down to below 30fps) and a very laggy mouse input that makes it impossible to aim.
It happens when I look into areas with longer view distances and maybe a lot of players.
But this is not normal correct? Last time I played UT (maybe around 2012) I could run at the native resolution (2880x1800) with perfect performance and zero framerate issues.

There should be nothing stopping my machine from running at a locked 60fps no matter what, right?
Anything I can check out, to try to fix it?

Thanks

Try to use a newer version of the ioquake3 engine: https://github.com/mickael9/ioq3

#3 User is offline   captaincatfish Icon

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:29 PM

I downloaded that and tried it out just now.
It runs a very slight amount better. But I still get framerate drops down to the 30-40 fps range. Even in areas where not a whole lot is going on.
I imagine if I run the game in Bootcamp using Windows 7 it will run flawlessly :\ I'll try that later.

Any more possibilities for running it well under OS X?

#4 User is offline   captaincatfish Icon

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

Tried it under Windows 7 through Bootcamp, runs like a dream :\
But OS X struggles for some reason. I didn't use that alternate ioq3 version in Windows either, just the packaged version with UT.

#5 User is offline   thenuckchorris Icon

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

Having the same problem since I went to high sierra.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:46 PM

I dont have such issues. But i use Nvidia drivers instead of delivered by Appstore.

#7 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

is this mickael9 client clean? the imprved sv_cheat section makes me kind of nervous.
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942