Urban Terror Forums: Firearm mechanics: jamming? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Firearm mechanics: jamming?

Probably too realistic, but hey... why not have a penalty for cyclic?

#1 User is offline   jr2 Icon

• Account: jr2

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:03 PM

In real life, of course, if you dumping magazine after magazine at full auto, or even if you've been plinking in semi for a good long while, there's a chance your gun will jam.

This could be an interesting mechanic, and it would primarily affect those who are more skilled (as their gun / themselves will have been "alive" long enough to experience a higher risk of jamming).

Thoughts?

Probably too much hassle, but it would still be interesting, maybe even as a mod or server option.

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:36 PM

No. UrT definetly isnt the game for mechanics like this. I wouldn't even like it in something like battlefield, where you could argue your gun getting dirty (which it visually actually does).

The main reason is, i dont like this kind of RNG in games, especially in shooters. There is nothing more frustrating then RNG fkn you over where you "clearly" should have won. Thats about it this kind of RNG does. Crit mechanics, (and even random damage, which i find even more ridiculous, *cough* CS:GO *cough*) are balanced out by averages (or at least should be), but something like this just loses you an encounter, and possibly without a warning. Even if there would be an indicator, it would just only add the requirement to press that button if the indicator flashes.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Aspeedcuber Icon

• Account: aspeedcuber

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:35 AM

No. Just no.

#4 User is offline   jr2 Icon

• Account: jr2

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:19 PM

View PostIye, on 31 August 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

No. UrT definetly isnt the game for mechanics like this. I wouldn't even like it in something like battlefield, where you could argue your gun getting dirty (which it visually actually does).

The main reason is, i dont like this kind of RNG in games, especially in shooters. There is nothing more frustrating then RNG fkn you over where you "clearly" should have won. Thats about it this kind of RNG does. Crit mechanics, (and even random damage, which i find even more ridiculous, *cough* CS:GO *cough*) are balanced out by averages (or at least should be), but something like this just loses you an encounter, and possibly without a warning. Even if there would be an indicator, it would just only add the requirement to press that button if the indicator flashes.

The thing is, in real life, the immediate action to take is "tap, rack, bang" - that is, tap the magazine upwards to ensure it's still fully seated, rack the slide to eject the defective or misfed round, and then proceed to fire. It could screw you over, but not necessarily if you act fast enough or have some sort of cover.

I do get the idea that it would probably just randomly screw you over though, as fights are usually a DPS and accuracy match in these sorts of games.

#5 User is offline   Snowball Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: snowball

Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:15 PM

I think no need to be so serious about this realism aspect, 1 because it's very annoying like Iye said and 2 because you can make powerslides and walljumps as well...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942