Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UT in the 21st Century?

VR + UT you know you wanna

#1 User is offline   RabbidRabbit Icon

• Account: rabbidrabbit

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:43 PM

If the subject of porting UT to VR is already discussed please direct me, I am old and not patient enough to find it in a forum this huge.:rolleyes:

Virtual Reality, no doubt more than a few here have one of the several different units being sold now. So at the risk of giving away yet another multi-million dollar idea: why not start porting this (and all other)3d rendered games to VR? Yes this and Quake(1 thru 5?)and dozens more that use 3d space to render the image on the screen could be ported to VR. Simple (relatively) add a second render of each frame from a different spot (right eye left eye)and you have 3d, port the controls to VIVE/Oculus/whatever and Bobs your uncle.

Current VR industry is STARVING for content, and the Avatars of these older games are worlds ahead of the stick figure stuff most VR is still at. They also have lower polygon counts than the latest so wont challenge newer/ish equipment.

Fallout4VR proves my point(rumor has it that actual change was 100MB of file added, control mods)
:rolleyes:

#2 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

I dont really want to imagine circle jumping in VR.
Luckily I dont have the goggles anyways.

#4 User is offline   RabbidRabbit Icon

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:59 AM

Yes I get that the wall jumping rocket jumping would be out, My thing here is more the huge amount of resources available. A damn good 3d engine, maps, models, textures, etc. that will go directly into a VR game with little effort. It doesn't need to be Ut directly or even remotely. But could add massively to the VR media and help push the hardware guys (motivate the money guys) and still let us poor folk keep up with the latest tech.

My biggest motivation is being a LOUSY shot with a mouse. Very disappointing to a guy that can hit a running jackrabbit at 35m with a black powder pistol (5 outa 6). Been popping bloatbugs and Ghouls for two weeks b4 discovering the sights on guns in Fallout4VR :biggrin:

Just ideas
: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:cool:

#5 User is offline   RabbidRabbit Icon

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:04 PM

Well then , A Nevermind is in order I guess.

Have stumbled onto some programs on github that make it possable to modify/utilize a massive list of OLD and not so old 3d softwares to run in VR displays. Several head tracking add on stuff to connect to original key binds/controls and A couple of mods to shader and rendering portions of game to make it display correctly.

Once again the "underground" has picked up the ball and run with it HOORAH sgtMgr HOOORRAAAHH! !

:cool: "half a century of paying attention should buy you something" :cool:

https://www.vrheads....non-vr-games-vr
https://github.com/o...ntrack/releases
https://github.com/B...efender/Depth3D

This post has been edited by RabbidRabbit: 20 February 2018 - 12:05 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942