Hi,
Need tutorial complete for mapping using urt 4.3.2
Thanks for you time

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

There is a whole community dedicated to UrT map making. You should check out Custom Map Makers' wiki, or the forums over there in general. The wiki also has a collection of tutorials/resources about mapping. For "live" support you might join the urt discord and ask in the mapping channels.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Umarumm Icon

• Account: umarumm

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

View PostIye, on 10 February 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

There is a whole community dedicated to UrT map making. You should check out Custom Map Makers' wiki, or the forums over there in general. The wiki also has a collection of tutorials/resources about mapping. For "live" support you might join the urt discord and ask in the mapping channels.

check wiki but no tutorial for begginers no explain how prepared tools and enviroments

This post has been edited by Umarumm: 10 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

#4 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

On the page i linked, there is the section about radiant (which is the map editor), followed up by the section about brushes (the blocks/areas you place in the editor), and finally there is the section about "compiling". With this you should be able to setup a rudimentary map and compile it.

#5 User is offline   Umarumm Icon

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:23 AM

View PostIye, on 11 February 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

On the page i linked, there is the section about radiant (which is the map editor), followed up by the section about brushes (the blocks/areas you place in the editor), and finally there is the section about "compiling". With this you should be able to setup a rudimentary map and compile it.

Thanks Iye for you time!

iam check post in wiki and appear no tutorial for this post ,no tutorial for a prepared enviroments ,no tutorial for prepared gtk radiant
no tutorial for prepared game folders

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Umarumm Icon

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:03 AM

Iam check site have good tutorial but no work for version Urt 4.3.2 because have differents .pk3 files only work for Urt 4.1

Others tools and tutorials for create maps Urt 4.3 or only Gtk Radiant?

#8 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:24 AM

Just ignore the fact that there is more .pk3 files and treat them all the same. 4.2 just repackaged the game so the automatic update wouldn't have to download everything on every release.

Long story short, just extract all of the .pk3 archives that come with 4.3 and treat the result as if you extracted the old pak000 and pak0001

#9 User is offline   Umarumm Icon

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:54 PM

View PostIye, on 13 February 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

Just ignore the fact that there is more .pk3 files and treat them all the same. 4.2 just repackaged the game so the automatic update wouldn't have to download everything on every release.

Long story short, just extract all of the .pk3 archives that come with 4.3 and treat the result as if you extracted the old pak000 and pak0001

Ok Thanks friend now how to compiled because iam used q3maptools when iam mapping in Urt 4.1 q3mapstools requiered iourbanterror.exe but in Urt 4.3 called Quake3-urt.exe iam test change name and put ioUrbanTerror and can`t test map how to compiled for Urt 4.3 and test map?

#10 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:42 AM

You need to compile your map in radiant before you can test it I would suggest to first start out making smaller maps to learn radiant.

This tutorial by Kronik shows how to properly install radiant and get it ready for mapping.
If you do not plan to make any icy jump maps you can skip the parts where he makes folders for those assets.

I'm pretty sure he also goes over compiling your first maps in this part or the second, I started mapping after I saw this tutorial and learned a lot from it.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942