Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

authkey broken Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Connor84 Icon

• Account: connor84

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

(I tried posting this in the authkey help forum but it will not allow me to post there)

I haven't played UrT for a few years. I see that now there is an auth code needed.

Methods I tried to enter the auth code:

- (what I think is the easiest method) insert it directly into the authkey file. The file opens up with nothing but gibberish characters. Once the game begins, it overwrites the file back to what it was (sans auth code).

- Manually entering in the -- L O N G -- code ingame using the login selection in the start menu.

- Entering the code via console

- Entering the code via autoconfig file

Each of these things had the same result - no happy message (or any message at all) in the lower left of the screen. The login button stays as login. Refreshing the master server list says there is no list.

And lastly, I tried the nuke option - generating a new auth key. New auth key request refused : you have already requested a new auth key recently.

I asked for help on irc and after 30 mins.. no response.

It appears people are still playing this, there are posts as recent Feb 7. Sadly I did not see anyone I knew in irc.

This post has been edited by Connor84: 20 February 2018 - 09:12 AM

#4 User is offline   Connor84 Icon

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:12 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 20 February 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

This is indeed most probably a firewall issue on your side. Please check that it is letting the Quake3-UrT.exe process go through!

I do not see UrT in my services. What range of ports do I need to open for UrT? I looked in the manual and the Faq and do not see a port range.

I am on Fedora if that you helps you. :biggrin:

#5 User is offline   Connor84 Icon

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:13 AM

I do not see a way to delete this particular post. The message I had here prior to editing became irrelavent.

This post has been edited by Connor84: 21 February 2018 - 12:16 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Connor84 Icon

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:35 PM

Steps I have tried:

- I changed my port and opened it in my firewall

- I tried port forwarding UrT through my router, just in case

- I can connect to the webpage master.urbanterror.info as well as successfully ping it
same with urbanterror.info . Although I tried pinging within game and nothing happened. I seem to remember that you could /ping <address> in-game before.

looking at the console at the start screen it says
WARNING: NET_IP6Socket: bind: Address already in use (so it opens the next numbered one)
and also
WARNING: NET_IPSocket: bind: Address already in use (so it opens the next numbered one as well)

The above is just more information. I would guess that is not causing the connection issues.

Quake3-UrT.exe does not appear in the services list in my firewall. I installed via dnf-dragora so I would hope that whatever it takes to register Quake3-UrT.exe as a service would be taken care of in the installation process. Regardless I did open the port as mentioned above.

This post has been edited by Connor84: 21 February 2018 - 09:48 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942