• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alpha Yet? Over 4 Years Now.

#1 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

Apologies. It has been over 4 years since this project has been sitting in UE4.
About 4 years ago I made a post here that others could try out the UE4 basic tdm shooter, see: http://www.urbanterr...4-test-ue4-out/

I've seen a lot of progress on maps (Frankie, nice stuff), but why is there not a basic single map tdm after more than 4 years? Certainly there could be despite the entire game not being finished yet.

Yesterday I took down the last of 1up's Urt 4.2 servers. At one time 1up had almost 20 Urt servers (4.1).
I invested quite a bit of money into coding, having special things made for our servers, hosting, etc., since 2008.
Ten years later and devs here are still trying to tweak an engine that is from 1999 for versions of 4.3. Why? Let that go, move on please.

I'm off to force myself to play Insurgency, COD versions, and other shooters. I've got no choice. I can't hold my breath another 5 years.
I understand (and have for ten years) that the dev team here are all volunteers, but on the flip side, many longtime Urt players have waited
for years upon years upon years, and there is no end in sight.

Good luck.
I'll look back in from time to time.

#3 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for the update Barbatos. I know many of us are quite eager but I also completely understand it's ready when it's ready. I know you don't like to give any estimates but do you think there's any chance of seeing an alpha this year?

#5 User is offline   Slaughter Icon

• Account: slaughter

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:17 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 26 February 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

Yes, there are chances that an alpha version will be released later this year. This is at least what we're aiming for, and we are getting closer to that goal thanks to the amazing work of our volunteers. Don't get too excited yet though. As we've learned over the years, many things can and will go wrong in the process. :happy:

We'll probably release a private alpha to a few selected players at first, before going public. I can't give you any more details for now!

I have a group of 6 guys that play on the LAN every day during lunch break at work. We would be happy to alpha test for you. :o)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   sn4ke Icon

• Account: sn4ke
  • Main tag: [dt.*]

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:45 AM

Wish I had spent more time learning game developing instead of playing UrT so I could perhaps make some contributions :(

#8 User is offline   sn4ke Icon

• Account: sn4ke
  • Main tag: [dt.*]

Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:20 AM

View PostBarbatos, on 12 August 2018 - 10:50 PM, said:

It's never too late to learn new skills!

Agree!
I'm learning Godot and C++, but it's a long road until I can do something useful and start playing around with UE4.

Patiently waiting for UrT Resurgence anyway xD

#9 User is offline   General44 Icon

• Account: general44

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:49 AM

Hello community Urban Terror. I saw that you said that there would certainly be an alpha version in 2018 that should or could come out. I would like to know about this, when the new version could be open to the public. This year sure?

#10 User is offline   khrmacha Icon

• Account: khrmacha

Posted 06 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

Just want to drop by and say that I can't wait for the new release, and that the dev team are doing a great work. Cheers lads.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942