Urban Terror Forums: Version 4.3.3 conditional download freezes - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Version 4.3.3 conditional download freezes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   HailSatan Icon

• Account: hailsatan

Posted 17 March 2018 - 06:54 AM

Ever since the v4.3.3 release, trying to play has been... challenging... due to the game freezing under certain conditions.

• When trying to get current server lists from the master server(s), the program freezes with the last fraction-of-a-second of the music playing in a continuous loop. The freeze happens regardless of whether I choose to get a new list or just refresh the list. I've discovered I seem to be able to avoid this freeze by first going to my "favorites" as the source and refreshing it, and then switching back to "Internet" as the source. It usually can then get the server list--but not always. Occasionally it will still freeze.

• When I have to download a map from a server. If I'm connected to a game server and it is running a map I don't have, when I press a key to allow it to download the map, the game immediately freezes--again, with the last fraction-of-a-second of the music playing in a continuous loop. This happens regardless of whether I've just joined the server, or if I've been playing for any amount of time and then the map changes to one I don't have. When I force-quit the game I can go to my "downloads" folder and there will be a file there with the name of the map it was trying to download, but the file is zero KB in size.

In both of the above--whether trying to get the current list of servers or trying to download a map I don't have--the game has to be force-quit.

Running version 4.3.3 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 on a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac5,1 with 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

This post has been edited by HailSatan: 17 March 2018 - 06:57 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942