Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disconnects Rate Topic: -----

I keep getting disconnected

#1 User is offline   padraignotlad Icon

Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:06 PM

Hello,

I am using the Linux version of UT and have the latest 4.3.3 version. I can join any game fine. However, after a few minutes of gameplay, I always seem to get disconnected for some reason. The most recent was this morning. I had a ping of 35ms, and was having a great time playing. No visible lag, and then I get the blinking network icon in the lower right corner, and it won't reconnect on it's own. It's strange, if I just go straight back to the menu and try to reconnect without doing a refresh, it will time out. I refresh once, the server is gone. (others still listed) I refresh a 2nd time, then that server I was playing on a few seconds ago is back, and I can reconnect. Obviously this is not ideal, as I loose all my score each time. Any ideas on this?

Thanks!
Padraig

#3 User is offline   padraignotlad Icon

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

Any server I've tried so far.

#4 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:43 AM

View Postpadraignotlad, on 02 April 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

I had a ping of 35ms, and was having a great time playing. No visible lag, ...

When you say "ping of 35ms", do you mean your ping shown in the scoretab when playing or the ping number next to fps in the upper right corner? or is it the ping shown in the servers browser before playing in it?
Next time it occurs, could you remember the server name and search it in http://www.urbanterr...o/servers/list/ ?
Then clicking in the server you will find information about the "Server IP". The IP is composed of 4 numbers separated by dots, discarding the colon and the other number (the port).
Then in a console/shell terminal, please run the command (without the quotes): "ping -c 50 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP you found for the server.
This will perform 50 ping tests and then give a summary of the packet loss, and statistics of the real ping time (min, average, max and deviation).
Your problem could be some sporadic and temporary network failures, or maybe they could be some restriction from your internet provider.

This post has been edited by karnute: 05 April 2018 - 01:46 AM

#5 User is offline   padraignotlad Icon

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:56 AM

The ping in the upper right corner you see during the game, next to the FPS. So sounds like this isn't very common. Probably my ISP or my crappy router or something. Thank you for the help.

Padraig

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   padraignotlad Icon

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Ok, so my ping results are constant. No drops, no high ping spikes. I had a continuous ping to the server I was playing on, and I still keep getting disconnected. I even downloaded the game fresh, same results. I don't think it's my Internet or my router.

Here are some of the replies.
Spoiler

//edit iye:
spoilers and code snippets are your fiend

#7 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

Well, it might still be anything along the connection. UDP packets may get dropped somewhere, unlike pings. I recall having issues in another game a couple of years back because some routing in the US just dropped half the packets.

On another note, i had an issue of that sort with the nexunity servers about a year ago where my firewall would at some point decide that my UDP packets were some communication tool that was disallowed by the corporate rules in place (thats what you get for playing around with this).
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942