Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Video or Sequence? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:22 PM

Hey mappers! It's possible put a Video in a GTK map? If it is possible how I can do it? or I can do a sequence of images with .shaders and whats the line sentence for .shader? Thanks pros.

#2 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:46 PM

Quake 3 engine supports a pretty rare video format, .RoQ (there are probably several such converters, I just happened to have this tutorial in my mapping folder). Here’s the relevant shader manual section explaining how to add videos to your map (scroll down to the videoMap keyword).

As for animations, this same shader manual page explains writing shaders for those too; however animMap only supports up to 8 images. You can chain animMap keywords, but this gets unwieldy pretty quickly. (An important advantage animations have over video is that animations can have transparency.)
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942