Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

urbanterror.def and entities.def Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lliil Icon

• Account: lliil

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:37 AM

Hey Guys,

i started this thread because i am looking for an extensive or full "urbanterror.def"-file and "entities.def"-file. i know that there are different ones around.

I worked with 2 very good files, where MacRadiant shows the exact wireframes of weapon entities and lights were shown as circles. i remember when right-clicking there was even "sun_light" after the "light"-entry in the menubar.

i destroyed my installation by accident and lost these good "def"-files.. After reinstalling i worked with other .def-files, where weapon-entities, lights ,info_player_starts, etc. just showing up as green squares in MacRadiant. Furthermore, when i do a func_breakable, the selected brushes become invisible in UrT, although they were correct textured.

i know there are .def-files for measurements, too...

so, can we use this thread to gather the most-working, full-blown .def-files?

EDIT: found good .def-files in KroniK's UrT-Mapping_Package: https://www.urbanter...apping-package/

Quote:
Entities (can be accessed from the right click menu in radiant):
-measurements.def - includes blocks to help measure jump distances etc.
-urbanterror.def - includes the new jump mode stuff
-urbanterror_bump.def - not sure exactly what this does.
-ut_item_drop.def - includes all UrT weapons and ammo and accessories.
-nem.def - a set of entities created by nemNEMnem

Thank you Kronik for these files.
I zipped them separatly and uploaded them to my public dropbox:
https://www.dropbox....Archiv.zip?dl=0
Is this ok?

This post has been edited by Lliil: 24 May 2018 - 10:58 AM

#2 User is offline   Lliil Icon

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:10 PM

Update:

I think Kroniks files where my files i worked with in the beginning. All entities work fine i created before in my map.

But now i got the problem again, that all NEW weapon-entities and func_breakable-brushes i am creating are not showing up in UrT but they are there in my Macradiant v 1.4.

see the pictures:
Posted Image

Posted Image

the lower roomwindows's texture is not visible anymore after i do func_breakable on it. but it is there - cant walk through.

Is this a compiling problem?

for compilation i use q3map2gui, which comes with macradiant....

compile log:
Spoiler

Or is it a path problem? I did change the project settings in macradiant correct (q3 modification, fs_game: q3ut4). further path-things to do?

Anybody has a clue for this problem?

This post has been edited by Lliil: 24 May 2018 - 01:13 PM

#4 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:25 PM

View PostMr.Yeah, on 26 May 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

You should generally only have brushes which are touching the void as structural, and make every other brush detail. It will speed up your compilation times.

Unless you actually have a sizable vision blocking structures in the center of your map i guess. Otherwise you might end up with all parts of the map being rendered. I recall this nice article about how it was done for casa, but cant find it right now.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Lliil Icon

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:40 AM

View PostMr.Yeah, on 26 May 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Judging from your compile log I can suggest a couple of things:

Q3Map (ydnar) - v2.5.11

The latest version of q3map2 shipped with GtkRadiant is vFS21, you may want to check if a build is available for your platform.

WARNING: Over 90 percent structural map detected. Compile time may be adversely affected.

You should generally only have brushes which are touching the void as structural, and make every other brush detail. It will speed up your compilation times.

Entity 4, Brush 0: Entity leaked
******* leaked ******

Did you make sure your map is entirely contained with a 'hull' made out of structural brushes?

Another thing to look for is avoiding overlapping brushes. These can happen when you extensively copy/paste or clone geometry and are not immediately obvious in the editor view.

You could also check the in-game console and see if it gives you any hints on broken entities.

Hope this helps

Hey Mr. Yeah and Iye,
thank you for your help...yeah, i am going to check if there is newer version of q3map2 for my mac, although redsaurus' macradiant(1.4)+q3map2-pack worked fine before...

the issue with non-structural brushes may touching the void is a little mysterious for me...i made a huge "room" a "skybox", where i build my map in...
Posted Image
is this method really depreciated?

Maybe the problem was, that i use the lower brush as actual ground in game... i 've done a second ground now:
Posted Image

(the lower brush is just moved down that you can see the "new ground" on top...)...

a quick test showed, that my func_breakable-issue seems to be solved with this changement. but i will do further tests this evening...The PassagePortalFlow-Process is taking real long time now...
EDIT: As you said, have to make more brushes "detail"...

i would upload my map somewhere, if you guys want to have a look over the structure.

Entity 4: This was the old quake3-"visor"-model i placed inside the map :D

This post has been edited by Lliil: 30 May 2018 - 06:50 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942