• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.3.4 release Rate Topic: -----

#2 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

sounds great!
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#3 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for all the fixes :)

#4 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

aeh... clean install.. computer says: NO. Progamme can not be run. I am on OSX here and had mickael's version running on 4.3.3. Any ideas? EDIT: just unzipped the Quake3-UrT.app.zip nad it works, interesting.

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 22 June 2018 - 11:06 AM

#5 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: drunkrabbit
  • Main tag: |RFA|

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:02 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 22 June 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

aeh... clean install.. computer says: NO. Progamme can not be run. I am on OSX here and had mickael's version running on 4.3.3. Any ideas? EDIT: just unzipped the Quake3-UrT.app.zip nad it works, interesting.

Same here in OSX.. El Capitan..10.11.6 64 bit.. I tried out the beta launcher via the updater. It was a no go.. The launcher is 32 bit for a 64 bit game.. I, like you had to revert to the official UrT launcher..

This should be fixed.. I'm surprised that FS included this feature in the update app without fully testing it..

This post has been edited by drunkrabbit: 23 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: drunkrabbit
  • Main tag: |RFA|

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:23 PM

@KarlMariaSeeberg ..Someone gave me a link to the builds.. This one seems to work.. http://builds.iourtm...-10-d6db458.zip

Why FS does not update this for us OSX users in the updater.. Who knows... :(

I know it's beta.. but at least give us OSX users a beta that might work.. Not something that won't even open the game..

#7 User is offline   Superretardo Icon

Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:59 AM

Update zip is busted...looks like it may be missing pk3 number 21 - it replaces 20 and the qvm's, but 21 stays.
Before and after the main screen bitches at me that 4.3.4 is out and the version I'm using is out of date....
The mirrors for the full download all point back to the same TLD and so the dl's are bandwidth constrained...

TTimo you have a lot of patience in dealing with the amateurs @ FrozenSand...

#8 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

drunkrabbit, the updater was running fine for me on el capitan (10.11.6). only the app file in my urt folder was not working. i just unzipped the Quake3-UrT.app.zip file one more time and everything was running fine.

also superretard: they do not claim to be professionals but clearly state urt is a project from players for players. the demand for fs to not be amateurs is beside the point. not being happy about the zip not working correctly is something everybody can relate to, being judgemental about fs' skills is not. even more so it's counterproductive, you won't be taken seriously. i have criticized fs a lot in the past, based on that experience let me tell you: the criticism should always be limited to what's broken and should not be about fs and who or what they are.

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 24 June 2018 - 01:11 PM

#10 User is offline   t3slider Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: t3slider
  • Main tag:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:56 AM

I'm curious -- has anyone done any extensive testing server-side for the new engine? Are there any noticeable performance or functional improvements? It's probably too early for all server operators to jump ship but I'm wondering if most of the benefit is client-side, or if it would be a worthwhile change on the server moving forward. So far I only see one production server using the new engine so it's hard to tell.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942