Urban Terror Forums: I'm Looking at You - Crosshairs and Weapon Spread - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I'm Looking at You - Crosshairs and Weapon Spread

HappyDay's Blog #008

#2 User is offline   travmon Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: travmon

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:50 PM

Good read, thanks for the update.

#4 User is offline   Daskott Icon

• Account: daskott

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:16 AM

It's a good read. Thanks for sharing with us!! I'm anxious to try this. :biggrin:

#5 User is offline   raffa Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: raffa
  • Main tag: QA|

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:55 PM

Congratz Happyday.

In this video of franki v you can see the change of fov, but with a weapon by default :tongue:

FOV fixes everything by Frankie V

This post has been edited by raffa: 28 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   NitruS Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitrus

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:43 AM

Thank you for sharing, this is a very interesting approach.
It may be pushing me to change my favorite little point, why not a heart to spread love :wub:

#7 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:59 PM

Impressive and nice work!
Now that crosshairs are procedurally generated, do you think it could be usefull/interesting to have an option so that color of crosshair is always the complementary of the pixels under it instead of a fixed color? I think maybe there could be a filter box to do this in UE4.

#9 User is offline   Critofur Icon

• Account: critofur

Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:51 AM

This is very important: "spread" should not mean that the bullet goes somewhere other than where the crosshair is pointing.

Spread, should mean that the gun changes where it is pointed before the next bullet is fired, this means that the crosshair is also pointed in a new place.

Please think about that logically - when you point your crosshair of your ["real world"] gun at something, and there is recoil (or whatever else) that causes your next shot to be off target that is because the gun (and thus, also the "crosshair") is shifted such that it is pointing somewhere other than where you had first pointed it.

I'm not an Olympic pistol shooter, or ace sniper, but I have fired dozens of different real weapons from AR15s to .38 special pistols, and, unless you're aiming at something far away one thing is consistent and true with all of them: the bullet goes where the gun is pointed, not off to the side by a foot, or even more. You can hit a cigarette and cut it in half from across a room with a short barreled pistol every time, if your aim is good enough.

So please, for the love of got please, don't do something that makes bullets go somewhere other than where the crosshair is pointing - if you must have spread, then make the crosshair MOVE to where the bullet will hit first.

This post has been edited by Critofur: 30 June 2018 - 02:53 AM

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942