• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Map sources Rate Topic: -----

#12 User is offline   Jackkyjack Icon

• Account: jackkyjack

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 05 May 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

It would have been better to just make a textures pak with the missing textures for all the maps. This way you are not violating any mapper's rights by repackaging their map without permission. Also, it is just one download for people making it quick and simple.

You should have gotten permission to make the .aas files but if this is impossible you could include them in their own pak file or include them with the textures.

lol... tell it to the one who deleted 200 Mb of textures.
Do you know an old joke about a goat and a rabbi? Do you think UrT is a goat? lol
Now you propose to add 200 old textures.
Why does the dead need another suit?
Do not touch the game. Stay version UrT 4.3.4. Do not make upgrades. Take it easy. This is the best thing you can do.
If you want to do something, then make good maps. Maps such as ut4_rip_release.pk3, ut4_toys_release.pk3, ut4_intermodal_beta.pk3, ut4_superman2_beta.pk3.
Or do nothing.

#13 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

This discussion is straying very far off topic. It was about null releasing the original sources of maps he made for the game, nothing else.
There are more appropriate topics to discuss changes to the game and fixes for maps.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#15 User is offline   TheRealFubar Icon

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:55 PM

The pak0.pk3 file from, I believe, a pre 4.0 version of Urt or Quake 3 takes care of a lot of the missing textures in many of the old maps

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   z0mb1ebob Icon

• Account: z0mb1ebob

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:25 AM

View PostTheRealFubar, on 06 May 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

The pak0.pk3 file from, I believe, a pre 4.0 version of Urt or Quake 3 takes care of a lot of the missing textures in many of the old maps

It is off topic isnt it, so firstly, thank you @$NulL for your awesome source contributions, i'm sure many people will be grateful to use this content to help them get into mapping!

and now ::sadface::
Posted Image

calm_poollight has a stage with no image, missing texture pool3d_5c2.tga NO! >.<

Jackkyjack said:

lol... tell it to the one who deleted 200 Mb of textures.

BladeKiller said:

Talk to Biddle about that.

WHAAAT @Biddle ?!

This post has been edited by z0mb1ebob: 07 May 2019 - 03:28 AM

Bomb mode p1st0ls/n@de/spaz/sn1pe /connect zb1.zombieferrets.com

#17 User is offline   Jackkyjack Icon

• Account: jackkyjack

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:19 PM

View Postz0mb1ebob, on 07 May 2019 - 03:25 AM, said:

It is off topic isnt it, so firstly, thank you @$NulL for your awesome source contributions, i'm sure many people will be grateful to use this content to help them get into mapping!
calm_poollight has a stage with no image, missing texture pool3d_5c2.tga NO! >.<

I think you are making a mistake, there is no “pool3d_5c2.tga”, but there is a “pool3d_5c2.jpg
It's here:

zUrT42_0002.pk3 / textures / liquids / pool3d_5c2.jpg
https://up.barbatos....r42_full023.zip

No problem, adding missing textures to a map is very simple ... Therefore, there is no problem “lost 200Mb textures” ...
The problem is that there are very few good maps that need to be restored ... I added the missing textures to only 5 maps, because I don’t like 99% of the maps.

This post has been edited by Jackkyjack: 07 May 2019 - 04:29 PM

#18 User is offline   Warsheep Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: warsheep
  • Main tag: QA|

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:20 AM

thats why i never used a gametexture in original path :D
i copy anytime the textures to my own path and renamed the shaders to get complications free

#19 User is offline   z0mb1ebob Icon

• Account: z0mb1ebob

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:16 AM

Thank you again, I've downloaded gtk radiant and a couple of the files you supplied... trying to get to grips with mandolin and gave up! stared an unnamed map, added a plane, texture and made it structure or somthing idk - started to build the bsp and etc, tried to run it in urt! yay, not bad for first try, not that it worked but hmmm without you i wouldnt have tried, ty (^_^)
Bomb mode p1st0ls/n@de/spaz/sn1pe /connect zb1.zombieferrets.com

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942