• You cannot reply to this topic

What competitive mode for Urt R?

#1 User is offline   Zmb Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: zmb
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:43 PM

Hello guys,

Just a lil quick topic, just like many games, Urt has -several- competitive mode-s which was fine but... with Urt R I guess one of the goals is to appeal players either for public or competitive games ; what exactly will/should be the "basic" competitive mode ?
I can't see a game working good competitively with 2 different modes (or quote me a game that is working that way)

I know only CTF has been made on Urt R for now and I also think it's the most interesting competitive mode but how is it gonna be ?

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:02 AM

I'm making the assumption of a matchmaking&ranking system here. I dont see anything wrong with having multiple competitive modes.
You can just have multiple rankings. CS:GO has "wingman" (2v2 bomb) and competitive (5v5 bomb or hostage, though i hostage isnt anywhere near to popular). Granted this example is just the same gamemode, scaled down to fewer players, but it obviously works. In a similar fashion LoL has solo and group queues, as well as 5v5 and 3v3.

In principle i dont see any issue with just having 3 rankings. More than that might get a little unreasonable. Assuming some type of matchmaking, you could have queues for each mode, and a "all" queue, that would just queue you for all of the modes. Or maybe let players select the modes, similar to how you can select which maps you want to play in competitive CS:GO. You might need a more inticate ranking system for this, considering how to weight the different modes in matchmaking.

For anything like a "main" mode, the "obvious" choice would be bomb. It basically has all the features of TS, which the added strategic element of the bomb. Simply put, you can play a bomb game like an ellimination mode, but not the other way around. Regarding CTF, i'll admit i might be a bit biased. Never been a CTF player, hardly ever played it. Dont know why actually, just never got around to it i guess. That said, CTF might seem a bit oldfashioned as well as hard to coordinate with a pug. Its already hard enough to not have your entire team run to the same bombsite, having some players stay back and patiently defend the flag might be too much to ask. Generally bomb mode lends itself to random pug play way more, which might be one of the reasons why (at least so it seems to me) it is becoming less popular over the years - in other games at least.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942