Urban Terror Forums: UT 4.3.4 (clean installs of UT and Mojave) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UT 4.3.4 (clean installs of UT and Mojave) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   eskaton23 Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: eskaton23

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:16 AM

Aloha,
I’ve got a clean install of MacOS 10.14.1 Mojave and a clean install of UT4.3.4.

Launching does nothing on screen. It did create a folder in ~/Library/Application Support, but it did not create any files there.

Any ideas?

Mahalo,
Eskaton23

#3 User is offline   eskaton23 Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: eskaton23

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for the quick response.

Launching from Terminal worked fine, no error messages, game launches (it's too late here to test thoroughly).

Want me to try anything else? Can that path/command be added to the autoexec.cfg or something?

Shoots,
Eskaton23

#5 User is offline   lenz Icon

• Account: lenz

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:46 AM

View PostBarbatos, on 06 November 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

That's an odd one. Maybe try unzipping the Quake3-UrT.app.zip file again?

THAT IS ODD. But I too have a fresh install of Mojave and of URT and it wont run unless i launch it from the command line - this cannot be us only...

Anyone heard anything else? And yes I did unzip it again in an effort to skirt this weirdness... No go.

This post has been edited by lenz: 14 November 2018 - 08:47 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   M4ni Icon

• Account: m4ni

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:23 PM

View Postlenz, on 14 November 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

THAT IS ODD. But I too have a fresh install of Mojave and of URT and it wont run unless i launch it from the command line - this cannot be us only...

Anyone heard anything else? And yes I did unzip it again in an effort to skirt this weirdness... No go.

ME!

super wierd bug here with mojave...
it does launch, but when the map load (at the components listing launching) it crash after de media loaded (when I see knife loading on the screen it usually crash)

anyone can help?

(already re-install it all + update etc)

PLEASEEEE
I can't leave without my frag and jump daily (T..T)

#8 User is offline   Breunese Icon

• Account: breunese

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:07 PM

I'm running macOS 10.14.1 Mojave and Urban Terror also won't start when I launch Quake3-UrT.app from the Finder or Spotlight. The app seems to quit instantly without showing any error message.

It does work flawlessly when I start the binary from a terminal as suggested by Barbatos:

cd /path/to/the/urt/folder && ./Quake3-UrT.app/Contents/MacOS/Quake3-UrT.x86_64

This post has been edited by Breunese: 28 November 2018 - 12:07 PM

#9 User is offline   Rwhiffen Icon

• Account: rwhiffen

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:27 AM

View PostBreunese, on 28 November 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

I'm running macOS 10.14.1 Mojave and Urban Terror also won't start when I launch Quake3-UrT.app from the Finder or Spotlight. The app seems to quit instantly without showing any error message.

It does work flawlessly when I start the binary from a terminal as suggested by Barbatos:

cd /path/to/the/urt/folder && ./Quake3-UrT.app/Contents/MacOS/Quake3-UrT.x86_64

Here's a some log entries I see:

Dec  1 19:20:59 rwhiffen-basement Quake3-UrT.x86_64[12174]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: dispatch source activated with no event handler set; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug
Dec  1 19:20:59 rwhiffen-basement com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Dec  1 19:20:59 rwhiffen-basement com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.frozensand.quake3-urt.6092[12174]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1

Edit - i also see this one on a 2nd try to launch:
Dec  1 19:23:04 rwhiffen-basement kcm[12191]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: Setting timer interval to 0 requests a 1ns timer, did you mean FOREVER (a one-shot timer)?; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug

This post has been edited by Rwhiffen: 02 December 2018 - 01:28 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942