Urban Terror Forums: Fall of UT Standards - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fall of UT Standards Rate Topic: **--- 1 Votes

What is with all the obvious Cheating and NO Banning??

#1 User is offline   Dustinduman69 Icon

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:45 AM

Hey there, I am an OLD SCHOOL Player, played for a long time, never competed or anything just really loved the game , before all the changes .
First off, I love the fact that this game is still available to play BUT, I have some REAL issues with some of the things I've been seeing as of late.
Now I know HAXING has always been an issue, but I am watching people on the FALLIN-ANGEL server, and its Obvious and Blatant haxing, even going as far as openly admitting it, I dont know what happend between ...2001 and now but WOW, something NEEDS to be done about all that cheaters. This game in its hay day would have NEVER allowed such behavior, I'm kind of shocked w/ how far the game has fallen when it comes to standards. Another issue I am seeing is some of the weapons have been changed from the time I use to play, making the certain weapons either. over powered or ..just to easily shot, I remember the AK use to hit hard but was hard to control, now im seeing people getting a head shot with it every other shot. and the shot guns doing DRAMATIC kicks to the people getting hit its impossible to do an exchange. I would really like some feedback or an explanation as to what has happend to the game. Again this is with love and concern from an OLDSCHOOL Player.

Im not sure what else I can say, I would just love to see the old way of UT make a comeback , where the community effectivly and efficently banned any people cheating attempting to save the game from becoming over run with people with no skill, I miss the glory days of Skill over Cheats.

#2 User is offline   Tranc3r Icon

• Account: tranc3r

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:11 AM

Cool, welcome back!
FA server cheaters -> it's bound to occur, just demo, submit, and within 4 hours the player is banned... this issue is universal w/ all games, we just have to do our part. I've played for quite some time and maybe once a week I get suspicious at a player... rarely tho.

FS standards are pretty good imo, I think you're just not impressed with how far it has come w/ the time it took... you do know they are working behind the scenes on a new game all together...?

Weapons - maybe people who still play are generally better at the game at this point...? plus, ez headshots AK? damn that's a difficult one for me, i suk w/ AK and don't really see many ppl using it

Dramatic kicks w/ shotgun? lol that's called knockback settings, that's serverside config done by FA server, adds to the fun imo, i love it! you really think FS would set that knockback as default?

This post has been edited by Tranc3r: 17 December 2018 - 07:13 AM

- Bass in yo' face!

#3 User is offline   Pat59 Icon

• Account: pat59

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:45 AM

View PostDustinduman69, on 16 December 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

Hey there, I am an OLD SCHOOL Player, played for a long time, never competed or anything just really loved the game , before all the changes .
Im not sure what else I can say, I would just love to see the old way of UT make a comeback , where the community effectivly and efficently banned any people cheating attempting to save the game from becoming over run with people with no skill, I miss the glory days of Skill over Cheats.

Hi,

+1

#4 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: drunkrabbit
  • Main tag: |RFA|

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:22 PM

Hello. We try our best to ban hax,unruly players, etc. We can't have a mod on 24/7. Some of us actually work and have to pay rent, buy food and..gasp..raise children.

Please register at our Forum and submit a demo or for someone flaming racist remarks or harassing players a screenshot.

Fallin-Angels

Also I can be reached at this Discord and you can upload demos there.

The Rabbits Hole

It might take a day or 2..But we look at all complaints and then act on them.

Our server rules are here.

Happy Holidays from the |FA|Clan.. :)

This post has been edited by drunkrabbit: 17 December 2018 - 05:44 PM

#5 User is offline   Inebriatedhare Icon

Posted 29 December 2018 - 12:42 AM

Dustin it's interesting you're feeling something that's been disturbing me for a while. The only real capture the flag server with decent players left is the FA server for US players. I've been playing this game since 2002, docks was the rage back in the day for you new cheaters. This game has been overtaken by lying, cheating bros who protect each other and generally know they hack. The cronied up friends don't get kicked and can hack and troll as much as they please and anybody who complains about this gets banned if they're "not on the list."

I know this community is about the lulz and I love that, trolling people under false pretenses is for cowards however. I have no idea personally why people would waste their time cheating at a game nobody has EVER been payed to play. What an accomplishment.

At the same time I understand this game is probably still the most fast paced, difficult to truly master game out there. Modern warfare? Please. UrT is so dynamic in terms of physics I wouldn't be surprise if you see games like it being used to train future tactical thinkers. Enough there.

I'm dismayed that the game is more difficult to play all the time. I really think it's time Frozen Sand makes another PB like step towards verifying merit or the game really, is going to die. When the only folks left are cheaters nobody will play because all cheaters like to do is troll people without cheats. Just like the privileged elite interestingly enough, similar attitudes.

Let's rid this great game of scums. I've been considering making my personal server "binary verified" or nothing. I wonder if there's been similar thought in the community. Literally you have to show up with a verified binary by MD5 or whatever to get in, would not be that difficult. I write code all day. Anybody else have ideas on how to save this game from hack trash?

This post has been edited by Inebriatedhare: 29 December 2018 - 12:47 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Inebriatedhare Icon

Posted 29 December 2018 - 12:54 AM

Let me also add, very specifically. I have taken demos of hackers that have been banned from the FA server, and many more demos of people on their servers cheating and they refuse to take any demo. I'm not joking I've played the server, sent emails and tried to register on the forums so many times. I get a hilarious runaround every time just like you may get trolled by these "youtube comment section types" in chat on servers and got nowhere. People always gave joke emails, screwed me around and generally acted like it was a joke.

You can be assured the FA server protects their hacker friends and kicks/bans others who try and say anything. I've tried so hard to even be able to send in a demo, not a chance. If they would just admit like Jose Canseco, if you play this server we're juicing, no problem you're being honest cool that might be fun. But no. These guys want "noobs" to prey on so they can bolster their frail egos. Sincerely pathetic.

#7 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 29 December 2018 - 01:45 AM

A.

This post has been edited by drunkrabbit: 29 December 2018 - 07:33 AM

#8 User is offline   Inebriatedhare Icon

Posted 29 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

I'll take that as "no further comments at this time."

#9 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:50 PM

I've sent you a PM..

#10 User is offline   Inebriatedhare Icon

Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:13 PM

Why not respond here to the community that has noticed your server is full of protected friend hackers and trolls and annoys anybody who says anything about it?

A quote from drunkrabbit earlier today on the same server

"camping is for small penises"

You can try to act like you're being above the board and really care about demos but you made it impossible for me to submit. I am calling out your BS.

This post has been edited by Inebriatedhare: 29 December 2018 - 07:16 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942