Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

performance issues Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   nxnje Icon

• Account: nxnje

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:02 PM

Hello,
i downloaded urt again after a nostalgic moment watching old demos.
I came back to get some fun but i'm struggling with performance
I can play pubg, battlefield 1, and many other games without problems and i can't reach a stable performance here.
Game is always dropping fps, and mouse seems jittering, it makes force when i try to flick and things like that, as if the sensor is defective, but it isn't as i play other games and i have no issues.

Could someone please getting stable fps and performance?
I've tried everything

#3 User is offline   Blaze Icon

• Account: blaze
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:35 PM

Try in_mouse 2, It's raw input.

#5 User is offline   kais3r Icon

• Account: kais3r

Posted 28 January 2020 - 05:15 PM

View Postnxnje, on 18 December 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

Hello,
i downloaded urt again after a nostalgic moment watching old demos.
I came back to get some fun but i'm struggling with performance
I can play pubg, battlefield 1, and many other games without problems and i can't reach a stable performance here.
Game is always dropping fps, and mouse seems jittering, it makes force when i try to flick and things like that, as if the sensor is defective, but it isn't as i play other games and i have no issues.

Could someone please getting stable fps and performance?
I've tried everything

Same exact situation, glad someone has the same issues. I can play much more demanding games with no issues on a:

Ryzen 5 1600
16 GB DDR4 Micron 3000 MHz
GTX 970
Game installed on a SSD...

You describe my "symptoms" pretty much perfectly, looks like constant fps drops even when it says 125, impossible to jump properly as I used to do until 4.1, and basically it seems like mouse sensor is defective, I got to the point I bought a new mouse just to test if that was the issue for URT...

I made a lot of tests, and I stil did not find the final answer, I found out that on linux the problem is much less noticeable, even if still present.

It is present with all values for in_mouse cvar. It is a bit better in windowed mode, and at lower resolutions, that makes me think it's something GPU related, but couldn't find any duplicate. Maybe it's the recent nvidia drivers, I haven't tried older ones.

It's a bit better when I disconnect my external soundcard (Focusrite Scarlett) and I disable dmaHD sound.

But in anycase it becomes enjoyable as it used to be.

I remember playing with much worse hardware years ago and much better performances.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942