Urban Terror Forums: client not taking server settings - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1

client not taking server settings Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Bhuntsman Icon

• Account: bhuntsman

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:35 AM

Urban Terror 4.3.4. I am trying to set up a dedicated server and set the following variables on the server:

g_allowForceSkins 0
cg_skinFixed 9

I have these set in the server.cfg based upon the server_example.cfg. Once the server launches, I can validate that these variables are set via the console. However, when I connect with the game client, my game client's console still has them set to defaults. Furthermore, just as a test, I changed a few other settings, like g_walljumps, and found that the game client wasn't taking the value from the server either.

What am I missing here? How do I get the server to push it's settings to the client?

Thanks in advance!

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:01 PM

So there is a couple of things here:

• cg_* variables are client side settings anyways. Setting them on a server has no effect at all. (i.e. you cant enforce a client variable by setting it on a server)
  • Varables arent mirrored to the client at all. What your client console shows you is the value that is set in the clients (default) config.
  • For any server setting (usually g_*), its whats set on the server that counts. E.g. try and set g_walljumps to 1 on the server and then see if you can do more than one walljump. (you might have to reload)

Long story short, if you set g_allowForceSkins 0 clients shouldnt be able to select team colors, or at least their choice should have no effect. I am not entirely sure how this works, i would assume it would enforce the DEFAULT skin for both teams (i.e. red for teamred and blue for teamblue), but i dont know if a client could still use fixed skins (i.e. friend/foe colours).
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942