Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

problem with resolution Rate Topic: -----

can not for the resolution that I want

#1 User is offline   Raanaaazteca Icon

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:42 AM

A few days ago I bought a monitor 1 resolution 1980 x 1080, and was played urt in a resolution 1280 x 1024, and suddenly when I opened the game with that same resolution, I could not use it, it makes me a smaller picture of the game...
I do not understand what happened but now I can not play my style, the strange thing is that in this same monitor I used the resolution that I wanted but now I can not ...
already search the internet and nothing, is there any solution?

#3 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:17 PM

Have you tried using a more up to date client?

Give this one a try: http://builds.iourtm.../urt/build-134/

On Windows, with that client you can then set r_mode to "-2" which will automatically detect your screen resolution.

#4 User is offline   1sttweed Icon

• Account: 1sttweed

Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:43 AM

View PostBiddle, on 23 May 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

Have you tried using a more up to date client?

Give this one a try: http://builds.iourtm.../urt/build-134/

On Windows, with that client you can then set r_mode to "-2" which will automatically detect your screen resolution.

Mint 19.1 (with all updates IS the most up to date client) is current and window will NEVER run on any of my machines. If for any reason I MUST use Weendoze, I will abandon computers completely or at least, the problematic app. And this distro of UT HAS run on this Linux client without issues. This is what is so frustrating and confusing. Vid Driver is current. By default Mint goes with Xserver-Xorg ver xxx. Am Running recommended version Nvidia-driver-390...

Same as before I reloaded this machine. Nvidia 390.116.Oubuntu0.18.04.1. Older ver is available as 340.107.0ubuntu0.18.04.2. Have tried both with no success. If fix suggested is one from the list, they are all older. Point being that this has all worked with same, current setup. Only changed to install new 250 GB SSD.

#5 User is offline   1sttweed Icon

• Account: 1sttweed

Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:53 AM

View Postisopropanol, on 22 May 2019 - 02:41 AM, said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but it your autoexec.cfg put line
seta r_fullscreen "1" // 1 for full screen, 0 for windowed

you may also want to set the resolution there
seta r_mode "16" // 16 is 1920x1080

I don't know the id for 1280 x 1024 off hand, but your q3config.cfg will have something for r_mode

Worse case scenario you can change it to that resolution in-game then check your q3config.cfg

Then set that value in your autoexec.cfg, that way if anything happens to your q3config you always have your autoexec to reset it.

In-game you can go to the console and /exec autoexec.cfg
But it should run each time you connect to a server if i recall correctly.

Just checked with "show all files (default for me) and I have no autoexec.cfg. Closest thing is in Q3UT4 dir. It's q3ut4 dir and is called autoexec_example.cfg. Never had to modify this file before and have always been able to play... same MB, same ram, same vid card. I'm totally baffled on this one...

BTW, Huge thanks to all that have responded to this query!, but no solution yet.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942