Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AImbots? CHeating? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Fatapollo Icon

• Account: fatapollo

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:15 PM

Hey gang

I've been playing this game for a couple of years, and recently came back to it after a two year hiatus. I noticed the huge drop in players. HEre's my question:

When I do manage to join a servers with a large group of players (very few servers), it seems like I am getting whacked from several of the other players very quickly. Like "one shot, one kill" scenario - and no, these are not snipers. I was a decent player in the past, but now it seems like I am getting my a$$ handed to me. I look at some of these kill ratios from other players, and they also seem wildly unrealistic.

Are there folks out there using aimbots and such? How do the admins police this? Its no fun to try and enjoy the game with a limited amount of players, when what appears to be a decent portion of those players cheating.

#2 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:09 AM

Yes, there are cheaters. This game is just way to old to not have cheats for it. As to how this is managed, its all in the seperate server providers discretion. IN THEORY you could open up a server and not ban cheaters. Thats of course going to make your server somewhat unpopular with honest players. Frozen Sand can ban your (game) account on this website, but server owners are not required to mirror that in any way. Finally,the game ultimately is free and "open".

One thing is really important though: There are (a lot) of really good players. As a matter of fact those who stuck around have now had more than a decade of experience in UrT and are precisely those at the top now. With the games decline of popularity over the last few years, the influx of new players has also declined, further increasing the average skill level.

Another point is that this game relys on good mechanics quite a lot, or rather they make a huge difference. And those fine mechanics are something you loose rather quickly, already when not playing for a couple of months.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942