Urban Terror Forums: Brightness/gamma doesn't reset after leaving game - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brightness/gamma doesn't reset after leaving game Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bewm Icon

• Account: bewm

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:25 PM

I am running into a problem where when I exit URT, my brightness doesn't adjust on my monitors. I have 3 monitors (obviously I only play on one) and the brightness is affected by all of them. It used to be that when I exited URT, it would return to normal.

Computer Config:
Windows 10 x64 Pro
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
URT 4.3.4

Not sure if there's a setting I need to adjust in URT or in my NVidia control panel. Any help would be appreciated!

#2 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

UrT will always adjust the brightness of all monitors while being an active window.

If you are running the game in borderless mode, this will be the case regardless of the game being in the foreground or not, as its still active. In that case i suggest just running fullscreen. If you have issues with alt tab times, make sure your windows and ingame refresh rates match up.

However, i understand your issue is the gamma change persisting after actually closing the game. In that case i fear i (personally) cant really point you towards a solution. Never had that issue (unless the game actually crashed) on Win7. I do recall there was an issue with some win10 graphics setting though, but i do not recall the details. Consider searching the forums or asking on the official discord.

As a dirty workaround, you could bind yourself your own exit command that would reset gamme to 1 before exiting the game:

bind KEY "r_gamma 1; wait 10; quit"

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Jackkyjack Icon

• Account: jackkyjack

Posted 07 March 2019 - 06:24 PM

When you change the "Brightness" through the game console UrT, in reality you do not change the monitor brightness, but "gamma correction".
NVIDEA panel sets a fixed gamma correction parameter for the monitor = 1
UrT installs “r_gamma 1.2” // default

Therefore, when I have error like this, I do this:

1. Delete the q3config.cfg file from the q3ut4 folder (the game will automatically restore this file "default" parameters)

2. Right mouse button on the Desktop - NVIDEA Control Panel - 3D Parameters Management - Program Settings - Add - quake3urt.exe // your path to the file "quake3urt.exe" in UrT
Here add for quake3urt.exe:
Vertical sync pulse - Disable
Smoothing Gamma Correction - Disable

This post has been edited by Jackkyjack: 07 March 2019 - 06:26 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942