Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Avoid DrunkenNoob server Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jebblue Icon

• Account: jebblue

Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:27 PM

Your experience will be unavoidably poor on DrunkenNoobs. I don't understand why would anyone run a server then mute or harass players who join but allow cheaters to continue to play? It's not logical. You're told, do a demo. I used to do that back when I was a more frequent player. It did nothing. On no server I tried to help. Point out a cheater on DrunkenNoobs and you're muted, kicked or banned while the cheater plays on.

Let's check the logic, run server including paying for it, let cheaters ruin the experience of players who join. Mute, harass, ban or kick experienced players who point out who's cheating. Yeah that makes sense.

Wow.

This post has been edited by jebblue: 27 April 2019 - 06:28 PM

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 27 April 2019 - 08:47 PM

Alright then. Once more unto the breach.

First off, please keep this civil. Dont take what i write here too personal, Ive just had one too many of these and they never lead to anything productive. Lets face it, how could they actually. Beyond the core acknowledgement that cheaters do exist, there really is nothing to come out of them.

This is basically the same i say in every topic with the same core ("problem"). Seethis, this or this discussion.

Please note that while DN Eagle is probably my most frequented server, i have no particular interest in defending any individual here.

• Server admins are free to do whatever they want with their servers, within the limitations of the terms of service and similar, of course. As stupid/harsh as it may sounds.

• Furthermore, everytime i see a post like this, i get a feeling the OP is overracting, overestimating their own ability, underestimating the "skill cap" of this game or what others may actually be able to do, or just all of the previous.

• You say you used to demo when you were more active. By implication you dont do that now, and just "call out" suspects. Most servers have a "spec and demo" rule as you probably are aware of. Additionally at some point just calling everyone - forgive my exageration - a hack just gets plain boring and annoying for everyone, hence you may very well end up muted for that reason.

• You claim demoing doesnt do anything, yet i can see roughly 15 players banned according to the DN Forums just this month.

• Finally i can only imagine you were actually "harrassed" for claiming someone was hacking. I count that under the infaltionary use of those words these days. Please dont.

Make of this what you will, answer if you want, or dont. Just dont expect particular enthusiasm.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:53 PM

If you accuse someone of cheating without speccing and demoing them, you're a moron. I see noobs and even veterans accuse people of cheating all the time that are simply good players. The admins probably got tired of you being a moron and accusing people wrongly. I can understand as I see it all the time. Unless you're willing to take and post a demo, STFU and play.

#4 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:30 PM

Getting muted for making accusations of cheating is pretty low grade stuff. Maybe take the hint and just shut up. You don't know if others are trying to nail some one for cheating and you spouting off about it just makes it harder for them to do it. I have played on servers where they will just ban you for that. It is annoying enough to deal with a cheater. It is double annoying if no one is cheating but a player is insisting that some one is cheating because the other player just happens to be quite good at the game. Spectate the target of your suspicion and help admins catch cheaters. And hey, if they're not cheating, maybe you'l learn a trick or two. It's a win, win. Complaining in-game without any evidence is just rude and ignorant. It makes you part of the problem, not the solution.
Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

#5 User is offline   Jackkyjack Icon

• Account: jackkyjack

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:46 AM

Why kick and ban? The server administrator does not need these problems. The server administrator can use the Local Computer IP Security Policy.
For ordinary players, there is not much difference between a cheater and a "champion". The champion should play in competitions, and cheaters are fools.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Xorshift Icon

• Account: xorshift

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:12 PM

I agree about making demos and being muted isn't a big deal. I actually find the chat distracting so I have it disabled now.

I have had a negative experience with them too, though.

A while back I was banned for "using a proxy". I was using a hotspot on my phone as I was in rural Maine. Oh well, ultimately it's up to the server administrator how they run their servers. It just reflects poorly on them and removes one of the honest players from the game. No tears shed.

#7 User is offline   Totalnoob Icon

• Account: totalnoob

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:06 AM

Many of the people who are "top tier" players are also hackers. Not all, but many. When your skill level is high you can use hacks without getting caught because you won't do the tells and you are already known as a high level player. It's only the low level hacker that will shoot walls before people come around them or make impossible head shots.
Clans are also one of the main ways hacks are disseminated, and admins are loathe to ban a clan from their server without absolute proof, which a spec will never show with a good player hacking.
However, it does no good to complain about it.

Years ago when I was pretty good, almost always in the top three without hacks with full servers, I tried a hack I got from a clan to see what it was like. It had an LOA setting that I set pretty low so that I was manually aiming all but the last degree or two, some other settings to split between head shots and torso shots and even miss percentage, and I never reacted noticeably to the wall hack or the enemy mapping in a way that would prove I was cheating on a spec, and I ran it for a month as an experiment. My stats got marginally better but not enough that it raised any red flags, it just took less effort to be in the top three. I stopped using it after the experiment, I could do almost as well without it.

Now I play on a crappy laptop with a crappy screen over wifi, for a few minutes at a time, just for old times sake. The hackers don't bother me, they can have their high scores for all it's worth.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942