• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

End of an Era |FA| Rate Topic: -----

Goodbye and Thanks..

#11 User is offline   bArgh Icon

• Account: bargh

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:16 PM

So, this is it. The last day. I always thought if UrT was to die as a game, |FA| CTF server would be the last one to turn the lights off.

This was the only server that could call itself a true 24/7 server, any time of the day/night there would be someone playing there. And no bots. No ping limiting, like there are thousands of other servers and many thousands of active players, pretending that players had a plenty of choices, like in the old days. No over-scripting, no all that candy inviting lag to take a hold. No banning SR8. No banning players for an innocent TB (in reality, they were just picking up dropped weapons :wink: ). No kicking out players for an occasional f-word slip, we're all human in the end, well, most of us :wink: ). No tolerance of the cheaters and real a$$hats and, still, good players were protected by the admins from false haccusations.

|FA| CTF server wasn't just a gaming server. It was a sort of a social place too, a pub, where, instead of drinks, wit, humour, jokes and discussions about society, politics and other things we like to argue about were freely flowing. It was a place someone would visit to escape the clutches of depressing reality, to bring a smile back to their face. In some aspects, it was almost like a family.

Unfortunately, life is sometimes a cunning thing. You never know when the good things would stop. And a good CTF server is about to stop.

I would like to thank DragonHeart, the |FA| clan and all the players frequenting this server for 1121 hours of fun I've had there (as per gametracker.com, screenshot of the page saved, there will be a couple of hours more :wink: ). And, most importantly, thank you all for helping to keep this game going.

gg, gl & hf

PS I had a dream the other night. In the dream a phoenix was rising from the ashes of the |FA| CTF server, spreading its wings and shooting up into the sky. Sigh. I guess it was just my wishful, subconscious thinking. :wink:

This post has been edited by bArgh: 31 May 2019 - 05:32 PM

#12 User is offline   DragonHeart Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: dragonheart

Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:22 PM

View PostBiddle, on 10 May 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

You are best! So now.. come to me :P

On my way Biddeeeeeeeeeeeee!
<3

Men are like Pantyhose.
Some run... some cling... and some just don't fit right in the crotch! :D

Forever-Angels

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942