Urban Terror Forums: What are the ambitions for Resurgence ? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are the ambitions for Resurgence ?

#13 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:10 PM

Good read HappyDay ;)

#14 User is offline   Jackkyjack Icon

• Account: jackkyjack

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:53 PM

This is a fun topic: How much is a dead man worth?
Topikstarter "scylk" you are troll :rolleyes:

#15 User is offline   scylk Icon

• Account: scylk

Posted 29 June 2019 - 11:26 PM

As the title says, the purpose of the thread was to understand your ambitions for this project.

Your answer and Frankie's gave pretty good insights in that regard.

You talk about FrozenSand not being dedicated... If spending decades of your life working on a project in your free time without payment all along while hundreds of people come along and tell you how you failed or are going to fail, isn't dedication, then I don't know what is.

I didn't say you were not dedicated, I said you've never wanted to fully dedicate. Which you seem to confirm :

The majority of FS developers have full-time jobs and other life obligations that they wouldn't quit even if the project suddenly had major funding.

You are correct in saying that we are doing it for the fun, as a learning experience and to add to our portfolio/resume.

________

I am very deliberate in saying I don't care too much about the game being a huge success or not.

Well this what I mean when I say that your lack of ambition is terrible.
The community and competitive scene the game had in its prime was amazing, for a free game derived from quake 3. To me, the potential of the game was huge.
This is why I'm so frustrated by the course of its development. I can't help to see it as a terrible waste.

This post has been edited by scylk: 29 June 2019 - 11:27 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Piano Man Icon

• Account: pianoman
  • Main tag: -LG-

Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:12 AM

View Postscylk, on 29 June 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

Well this what I mean when I say that your lack of ambition is terrible.
The community and competitive scene the game had in its prime was amazing, for a free game derived from quake 3. To me, the potential of the game was huge.
This is why I'm so frustrated by the course of its development. I can't help to see it as a terrible waste.

Reading through, it looks to me that you got answers to all your questions, they're just not the answers you were hoping for. And that the FS Team's current self-identity and ideologies moving to head in a different direction is nigh-improbable at this juncture.

It seems to me those feelings are something you will have to come to terms with on your own. And the information that's been presented in this thread is information with which to do what we will, and to each their own.
“And they'll say, ‘Man, what are you doing here?’”

#17 User is offline   scylk Icon

• Account: scylk

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

Yeah, I agree. Honestly, I don't hold any judgement for FS devs for not wanting to professionalize. I regret this choice but I respect it.

The problem is that FS falls between two stalls. They're amateurs who wanna stay amateurs, yet in the same time they act really serious, they communicate about being a company, they give all of them position titles such as CEO, Company director, Project Coordinator, Team manager, Lead developer and so on, they keep saying that they have high standards and that they're going to do an awesome game, they communicate on the development progress.

It is to be expected that people get confused and ask about their ambitions.

#18 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 04 July 2019 - 08:55 AM

View Postscylk, on 03 July 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

Yeah, I agree. Honestly, I don't hold any judgement for FS devs for not wanting to professionalize. I regret this choice but I respect it.

The problem is that FS falls between two stalls. They're amateurs who wanna stay amateurs, yet in the same time they act really serious, they communicate about being a company, they give all of them position titles such as CEO, Company director, Project Coordinator, Team manager, Lead developer and so on, they keep saying that they have high standards and that they're going to do an awesome game, they communicate on the development progress.

It is to be expected that people get confused and ask about their ambitions.

kudos!
it's rare to see a discussion in a thread lead up to an actual gain of knowledge.
i think, scylk's last comment wouldn't have been possible without the prior dicussion.
with his last comment he hit the nail right on the head.
i can relate to the frustration caused by the contradictory sitution (public image vs. actual circumstances).
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942