Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

roadmap to alpha?!

transparency hurray

#1 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:47 AM

Scylk's thread on URT HD and the contradiction between fs' public image and actual circumstances made me think.

I figured a roadmap for URT HD's alpha might be a good idea. Basically a public and dynamic to-do list of tasks that need to be ticked off to achieve the alpha release.

For the developers this would mean to distance themselves from the public image of a professional company. The possilbe gain could be that the community stops the nagging and becomes more supportive by getting more insight.

It might also have a motivational effect on the devs. The downside in a worst case would be the devs being under scrutiny for their work/process but this at leaast would be fact based (job not being done based on to do list) and not be based on paranoid assumptions on the community side of things.

I'd appreciate it, if the devs would move a little out of their comfort zone and risk something like that.
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#3 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 27 July 2019 - 11:03 PM

View Postv3nd3tta, on 26 July 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

It'd be more realistic if everyone of FS was paid $$$$ and working full time, but we're an volunteer team.

Well, that's what I do not understand. The only explanation for this mindset that makes any sense to me, is being afraid of increased criticism, and if so, would mean you still are tied to or tied up in an "we have to act professionally though we can't be since it's a hobby not a job" kind of mentality. The interesting thing is, that it's always stressed (in writing) that fs is a band of free time devs but the way you present yourself (company image and alike) contradicts those claims entirely. Showing what you can do and can't do due to your logistical, staff and financial resources or lack thereof using e.g. that to do list, would basically mean, taking yourself and what you are saying about yourself more seriously. If you use a to do list and people are pissed because you might not be working fast enough in their opinion, well *@!# them then, since you told us you are a hobby dev team. Slow progress is nothing to be ashamed of given your circumstances but hiding it and giving oneself a professional image in my opinion is. My suggestion basically is about coherence. Right now the public image does not fit the output. Take a risk! I promise I will stand by and be ready to write raging replies if your effort is being criticized. That's the help I can offer due to my lack of any computer skills ; )
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Frostwarrior Icon

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:54 PM

Sharing the issue board is a it overkill to me.

But sharing milestones or posting a schedule would be great.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942