Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Settings not remembered on Linux Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jontomxire Icon

• Account: jontomxire

Posted 08 March 2020 - 07:16 PM

When I fix my video and sound settings they are not remembered. In the console I see a message like "unable to write q3config.cfg". I wrote my own q3config with the required settings in both the game folder and the q3ut4 folder but it seemed to not read them. I put the required settings in q3ut4/autoexec.cfg but, although other settings in that file are read, these were not. The lines I am putting in the config files are:

seta r_mode "16"
seta s_musicvolume "0.03"
seta s_volume "0.45"

The permissions for the whole game folder and all contents are readable and writeable (and executable where appropriate) for user, groups, and other. In other words total access by everyone is allowed.

I haven't played Urban Terror for over a decade so I am really excited to find it not only alive and well, but better than ever with new guns and game modes and full Linux support (the installer cpould use some work though). However, having to set video mode and volumes every time I start it...not so cool.

#2 User is offline   Jontomxire Icon

Posted 08 March 2020 - 07:19 PM

Ok, so I think the autoexec.cfg settigns did work, but it would still be good to get the q3config.cfg file to write. Any tips much appreciated.

#3 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 08 March 2020 - 09:10 PM

On linux the game will not use the q3config in the game directory but instead one in "~/.q3a" iirc, so that might be why its not able to write.

check *fs_homedir* (which should be your config dir) vs *fs_basedir* which would be the game files directory. Those are read only and can only be set via a launch argument to the executable.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#4 User is offline   Jontomxire Icon

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:07 AM

View PostIye, on 08 March 2020 - 09:10 PM, said:

On linux the game will not use the q3config in the game directory but instead one in "~/.q3a" iirc, so that might be why its not able to write.

check *fs_homedir* (which should be your config dir) vs *fs_basedir* which would be the game files directory. Those are read only and can only be set via a launch argument to the executable.

Thanks, that's it!

It was using autoexec.cfg and server.cfg from the game directory.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942