Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Scripting bots Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jontomxire Icon

• Account: jontomxire

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:15 AM

The page here: https://urbanterror....m.com/wiki/Bots says that bot support is poor and only a few maps are supported. The former is true but I think a few more maps than that have support.

My kids are loving this game, but as they are a bit young and still unskilled I don't think they would enjoy public servers so we just play against bots, which always just go to where they last saw you making it easy to bunch them up and kill them. Even my kids are getting bored of shooting bots. In one capture the flag game, the bots just stayed in the starting area shooting each other, and rocks, letting us capture flags unopposed.

I'd like to have a go at scripting bots on a map, preferably (in order to contribute something back) a map that doesn't currently have bot support. I don't just want to define paths for a map, I want to try and come up with better AI, better tactics and strategy such as trying to outflank the opposition, etc. etc. taking back routes in capture the flag, and so on.

Is this possible or is the AI baked into the game and bot support limited to path info for maps?

I googled for information on this and found nothing. Links to information on adding bot support to maps would be great.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942