Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Connect to friend's server Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

Connecting via console (/connect IP)

#1 Guest_Mistertropical

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:10 AM

Been a long time since I've played. Back in the day could make a server via in-game menu and have friends connect via the console (~).

ex. /connect 192.168.x.x:27960

Does this still work? I haven't had any luck.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Mistertropical: 20 March 2020 - 06:10 AM

#2 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 20 March 2020 - 10:15 AM

That still works. If you create a server in this way, you will notice your game closing and being replaced by a blue console window (at least on windows). That window is your server. You can then start another instance of the game and connect to it.

You could also start a server directly via the dedicated server executable (Quake3-UrT-Ded.*), for the same effect. Ofc you would then have to configure it via the server.cfg or command line instead of a menu.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 Guest_Mistertropical

Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:22 PM

View PostIye, on 20 March 2020 - 10:15 AM, said:

That still works. If you create a server in this way, you will notice your game closing and being replaced by a blue console window (at least on windows). That window is your server. You can then start another instance of the game and connect to it.

You could also start a server directly via the dedicated server executable (Quake3-UrT-Ded.*), for the same effect. Ofc you would then have to configure it via the server.cfg or command line instead of a menu.

I did not know I could run the server Window and start a new instance, so I'm going to fool around with it some more, thanks.

(Win 10 x64)

This post has been edited by Mistertropical: 21 March 2020 - 07:51 AM

#4 Guest_Mistertropical

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:52 AM

solved

This post has been edited by mistertropical: 25 March 2020 - 10:02 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942