Urban Terror Forums: The Game and Community are done unless you address cheating. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Game and Community are done unless you address cheating. Rate Topic: *---- 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Inebriatedhare Icon

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:53 PM

I've posted here before about this, and then time rolls on. The matter of the fact with this game right now is that there aren't many players left compared to even a few years ago, and many the ones that remain, even if skilled, are trolling around the community with cheats, most popularly now with wallhacks because it's so difficult to prove and demo. You can tell as soon as there are people on spec in some servers things change, and then if an admin joins and then also if people are calling out the hacks. Which is so frequent in every server you can't just shrug off the fact that hacking is a MAJOR, MAJOR problem.

I don't care how many people like Iye line up to try and type a lot to make it seem like there is no hacking problem in UrT but please spare me the response time you're wrong. Hacking is going to ruin UrT 4 and the fair players are already leaving. If you have no UrT 4 community left and they've moved on you will have nobody to market 5 or anything else to.

Don't care what insiders say, you're not playing pubs every day maybe for same the time I am. "Boutique Hackers" as they've been described make up half of any populated CTF server now. Any player who has seriously played this game for almost twenty damn years can FEEL that BS even before the demos roll.

Putting out new releases that change offsets/whatever or generally obfuscate the things cheat coders need would put hackers off for a period of weeks could be done. Why not code something to make a new release every couple weeks, minimally different just focused on screwing the newest hack coder(s).

Fact of the matter is. If hackers aren't quelled, UrT 4 is close to done and there's at least a diminished audience for 5. Sad stuff.

This post has been edited by Inebriatedhare: 01 April 2020 - 08:57 PM

#2 User is offline   pr3acher Icon

• Account: pr3acher
  • Main tag: fgt.

Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:26 PM

View PostInebriatedhare, on 01 April 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

I've posted here before about this, and then time rolls on. The matter of the fact with this game right now is that there aren't many players left compared to even a few years ago, and many the ones that remain, even if skilled, are trolling around the community with cheats, most popularly now with wallhacks because it's so difficult to prove and demo. You can tell as soon as there are people on spec in some servers things change, and then if an admin joins and then also if people are calling out the hacks. Which is so frequent in every server you can't just shrug off the fact that hacking is a MAJOR, MAJOR problem.

I don't care how many people like Iye line up to try and type a lot to make it seem like there is no hacking problem in UrT but please spare me the response time you're wrong. Hacking is going to ruin UrT 4 and the fair players are already leaving. If you have no UrT 4 community left and they've moved on you will have nobody to market 5 or anything else to.

Don't care what insiders say, you're not playing pubs every day maybe for same the time I am. "Boutique Hackers" as they've been described make up half of any populated CTF server now. Any player who has seriously played this game for almost twenty damn years can FEEL that BS even before the demos roll.

Putting out new releases that change offsets/whatever or generally obfuscate the things cheat coders need would put hackers off for a period of weeks could be done. Why not code something to make a new release every couple weeks, minimally different just focused on screwing the newest hack coder(s).

Fact of the matter is. If hackers aren't quelled, UrT 4 is close to done and there's at least a diminished audience for 5. Sad stuff.

Hey, your friend *!RELOADED!* here. Saw you earlier today, was impressed by your perf tbh.
Until you rq.

mdr

#4 User is offline   OhJay Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: ohjay

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:54 AM

Unfortunately, hacks are quite prevalent in Urt4. They started getting bad around 2007, and we put a lot of work into the auth and anti-cheat system, but in the end couldn't be implemented in the engine. That is all explained here - https://www.urbanter...ban-terror-hd/.

We are no longer going to work on urt4 in any capacity so it is the best it's going to get. It is more the lack of proper server administration than a FrozenSand issue.

We understand your pain though.

#5 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 12 April 2020 - 03:43 PM

Dead game , dead community it is easy to see why Frankie V does ''stuff'' with dead things :D

Inebriatedhare there wasn't much players few years ago either ;)
Legal cheating aka exploiting is a much bigger problem .
There are more things worth saying , but I feel now is not the moment ...

This post has been edited by Txc: 15 April 2020 - 03:37 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   drunkrabbit Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: drunkrabbit
  • Main tag: |RFA|

Posted 16 April 2020 - 03:58 PM

I'll make this short n sweet..

@inebriatedhare Not once have you ever provided a demo!

#7 User is offline   m4nkeym0nkey Icon

• Account: m4nkeym0nkey
  • Main tag: mud|

Posted 16 April 2020 - 07:43 PM

Nice One!! Drunkrabbit :D

I do agree there are a some cheats and yes it's a pain in the ass to have to deal with them - seriously do one - what is the bloody point of cheating?! It's a game - get over yourself lol. I also think that there are those that are quick to shout cheat at other players that are basically better than they are. Provide me a demo - Let me see and I'll make that decision. I run bots on my server and truth be told - they are easy to camp. Scores can be over inflated just because of that. It doesn't make someone a cheat. But I will permban anyone that is caught cheating, as long as I have proof rather than some gamer's inflated ego :wink:

It is a sad thing to see the community on it's downward spiral. I've been playing since 2001 and in those days it was hard to even get on a server.

#8 User is offline   Zmb Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: zmb
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 17 April 2020 - 12:27 PM

You're most likely wrong about the number of cheaters you think you've seen, though.

Get better

This post has been edited by Zmb: 17 April 2020 - 12:28 PM

#9 User is offline   pensioner Icon

• Account: pensioner

Posted 09 August 2020 - 07:45 AM

I do not see so many cheaters these days even though some still exist. I can live with that but what is more annoying is the win joiners and team bleeders/killers that join the game just to disrupt it and ruin it for genuine players. I think that !fp (forgive) should be allowed on all servers and constant tk players could be auto kicked by the system if set up. Also lesser players stop whining about the better players and accusing them of hacking all the time, they are more skilled because of the time they have put in and natural ability. Watch and learn you will then enjoy the game more. As Zmb says get better !. Sometimes though like myself you reach a level and stay there, except it and then you will enjoy the game more its fun.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942