ut4_morningwood_a1

#1 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: sneaks
  • Main tag: =-KMA-=

Posted 19 July 2020 - 11:19 AM

Morningwood Alpha 1

ut4_morningwood_a1

In the early design stages of a map, a lot of ideas and designs get left on the cutting room floor

This map has been salvaged and re-textured from the early Abaddon design process.

The working title at the time was ut4_pitrun, inspired by the movie Rollerball, which was set in the not so distant future of 2018. I wanted to use that as motivation... by the time I had started the first drafts of the map it was already 2019 before anything was ready for testing.. so it was easy to leave that behind and progress from what I had compiled already.
This isn't unfamiliar for me to completely change the setting once production has commenced, in fact it is largely expected.

When designing anything it's important to think of the experience created, and who, how, this thing will be used. In the early stages I had to expect, over all the people who would play the map would be a few close friends, likely by LAN over holiday breaks, so this is evident in this map. It would favor high stake SR-8 snipers, so as the map developed, this was enhanced and counteracted simultaneously.

This might be as far as this map goes, but I've released it as an alpha, because it is barely beyond the alpha design process, far from optimum, and as such may well be, unplayable/ to glitchy, though I have made considerable effort to make sure this isn't the case

Will this map be hard? hard as morningwood, you bet
get on it

mediafire download link

This post has been edited by Sneaks: 19 July 2020 - 11:21 AM

#2 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 19 July 2020 - 01:59 PM

Can you maybe provide some screenshots? Thanks :)

#3 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: sneaks
  • Main tag: =-KMA-=

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:42 PM

I had issues with my img host - they ran out of cake

This post has been edited by Sneaks: 14 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942