Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Server No Longer In In-Game List Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dirtycamacho Icon

• Account: dirtycamacho

Posted 14 August 2020 - 12:56 AM

Hey everybody,

Before I begin I apologize as I know home setups are not supported, but I'd like to believe my setup is far from your typical home setup.

I host a server in my lab and my friends and I have been playing on it since the COVID-19 outbreak began. I was in Miami at that time. The server worked great and was listed in the in-game server list. I recently moved to Las Vegas and since then the server no longer appears in the in-game list or on the urbanterror.info/servers site. I've tested myself and with a friend in a different state that direct connect works just fine, but I can't be found in the server list. The setups (in my eyes) are identical except geographically speaking. Setup below.

• DOCSIS3.1 modem (500Mbps/50Mbps, configured in bridge mode, statically assigned IP, don't ask how I smooth-talked my way into that)
  • pfSense firewall (NAT port forward of UDP 27900, 27950-27952, 27960 redirected to internal IP of server with associated firewall rule allowing incoming connections)
  • XCP-NG Cluster host (not that that should matter..)
  • VM - Ubuntu Server 20.04 with UFW enabled and aforementioned ports allowed in, default allow all out

Server Exec Command:
Quake3-UrT-Ded.x86_64 +set fs_game q3ut4 +set fs_basepath /XXX/urbanterror +set fs_homepath /XXX/urbanterror +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 27960 +exec server.cfg
**fs_basepath and fs_homepath are set to the same value**

Outside of the geographical move, the only thing of note is that I ended up having to reinstall pfSense on the firewall after getting here because of a bad SSD, but I restored the backup I took from before the move so the configuration should not have changed.

As I said, this worked great before and we'd love to start playing again, but at this point I can't ask some of my technically-challenged friends to direct connect by IP. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Happy to provide any additional information. Thanks!

UPDATE:
After hitting my head against the wall on this for the last 2 weeks I searched the master servers for my public IP and found that there were multiple entries. Looked at my firewall and for some reason the Outbound NAT mode reset itself to a default. I've set it back to Hybrid mode with a static mapping for the host. Master servers now have my IP listed with the correct UDP port (and only that port (27960)). The server is now in the in-game list. Topic can be closed.

This post has been edited by Dirtycamacho: 29 August 2020 - 11:34 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942