• You cannot reply to this topic

Mouse and brightness problem Rate Topic: -----

Problem with mouse and brightness when i press out of the game

#1 User is offline   zyru Icon

• Account: zyru
  • Main tag: nordic|

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:50 PM

Hey,

So my problem is, and has been for a long time; when I for instance press alt+tab while in-game, my brightness gets super dark, and it doesn't fix itself unless i /reconnect to a server, or join a new one - but then it'll fix itself.

Also whenever I have other tabs open, while playing UrT (doesn't matter whether or not I'm in-game), my mouse is weird and sort of delayed in some way. I can't tell what it is, but I can't have other tabs open, they have to be minimized completely. The problem is, to do this I have to tab out, which always results in my brightness getting dark (as said before).

I've tried reinstalling the game as well as updating the game via the UrT Updater - nothing seems to work!
This has been an issue for me for years now; I thought I'd finally make a post about it.

Thanks in advance

#2 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 12 September 2020 - 01:45 PM

I am familiar with the issue on an osx machine. I'd rather call this an inconvenience more than a problem. I have to "fix" the brightness by opening the menu and changing the brigthness bar ever so slightly. Since urt development for the q4 engine has been discontinued, you will have to live with that inconvenience, i guess.
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#3 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:21 PM

I also have the problem with the mouse.
Whenever something is not minimized in the background i get microstutters.
Before i realized what caused that the "changed" sensitivity drove me nuts.

Got no fix for you, unfortunately

#4 User is offline   furiousriot Icon

• Account: furiousriot

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:07 AM

While I'm no expert at brightening mice, and or in fact educating rodents in general, I can still put forth Pavlovian methods as reference.

Good luck teaching your mouse to play for you.

View Postzyru, on 11 September 2020 - 08:50 PM, said:

Hey,

So my problem is, and has been for a long time; when I for instance press alt+tab while in-game, my brightness gets super dark, and it doesn't fix itself unless i /reconnect to a server, or join a new one - but then it'll fix itself.

Also whenever I have other tabs open, while playing UrT (doesn't matter whether or not I'm in-game), my mouse is weird and sort of delayed in some way. I can't tell what it is, but I can't have other tabs open, they have to be minimized completely. The problem is, to do this I have to tab out, which always results in my brightness getting dark (as said before).

I've tried reinstalling the game as well as updating the game via the UrT Updater - nothing seems to work!
This has been an issue for me for years now; I thought I'd finally make a post about it.

Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942