Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Which cfg's does the job? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   preat Icon

• Account: preat

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:42 PM

The first thing that really disappointed me with Q3UT on mac was the (imo) stupid cfg stuff... I mean, which q3config.cfg does the job? Today i have 3 q3configs and just to be 100% sure that alll settings i change stays i sync them all.. and the 3 q3configs is in:

program/Quake3/q3ut3
user/preat/library/application support/Quake3/baseq3
user/preat/library/application support/Quake3/q3ut3

can i skip any of them? Can i do changes to user/preat/library/application support/Quake3/baseq3/q3config.cfg just to change Q3 settings? Or will it f_ck up my urt settings as well?

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:28 AM

user/preat/library/application support/Quake3/q3ut3 is the one that is being used.

user/preat/library/application support/Quake3/baseq3 is the config used when you play baseq3. If you start baseq3 first and then load UrT as a mod via the menu, the cvars of your baseq3 overwrite the ones in the q3ut3.

program/Quake3/q3ut3 doesnt do anything afaik

#3 User is offline   HornetOSX (old) Icon

• LocationDenver CO Home of the Av's

Posted 05 December 2006 - 06:08 AM

Woek's Right... it will over write.. it's an EXTREMELY annoying "bug" but I always played only UrT so it was never a big deal for me....

the best "solution" is to haev a second config named preat.cfg ( or whatever) and once in UrT load that config in the console .. which for the life of me at the moment I can;t recall what that command is ...... anyone wanna jump in and help ??

#4 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:43 PM

exec

But I think the best solution is to use urt launcher for urt, so that baseq3 doesnt overwrite your q3ut3 config. Having a backup of your config is always smart though.

#5 User is offline   preat Icon

• Account: preat

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:59 PM

Ok, thx alot..

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:03 PM

The best thing to do is just use the startup script as described in this forum somewhere to start quake3 with +set fs_game q3ut3 and it will skip the baseq3 config. Only annoyance is when you watch gtv games, the test_bigbox will reload the baseq3 config and mess it all up again. Making the q3ut3 config read-only fixes this one though.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942