Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Funstuff creation tutorial? Rate Topic: -----

How does one create new funstuff?

#1 User is offline   betaversion Icon

Posted 06 May 2021 - 06:57 PM

I'm hoping to find a tutorial in the forum (or link somewhere) that can guide me through making my own funstuff, please.

#2 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 07 May 2021 - 02:57 AM

There is an old article about the source files https://www.urbanter...ustom-funstuff/
Though I know in 4.2 the model heads increased in size, so this would be outdated now. You will also need to figure out how to import/export .md3 models - this is quite an outdated model format, so you might not have much luck there... It could be more hassle for you to try than it's worth.

Once you've made your funstuff, there is a particular naming convention you must follow - otherwise it will not work.

"bluehat_b_2_2.md3"
bluehat is the funstuff name
the next value is for team (r/b)
Character ID (0,1,2 or 3) [which of the 2 females or 2 male characters]
Funstuff position (0,1 or 2)
0 = face (can wear with or without a helmet)
1 = head (will disappear with a helmet)
2 = back (will disappear with a medkit)

I may have some of this info mixed up, but I do know it's something similar (forgive me, it's been 13 years since I made funstuff..)
You could probably use current funstuff for reference. Though the hardest part will be trying to find an editor that will import/export .md3 models

#3 User is offline   betaversion Icon

Posted 07 May 2021 - 03:27 AM

View PostDelirium, on 07 May 2021 - 02:57 AM, said:

There is an old article about the source files https://www.urbanter...ustom-funstuff/
Though I know in 4.2 the model heads increased in size, so this would be outdated now. You will also need to figure out how to import/export .md3 models - this is quite an outdated model format, so you might not have much luck there... It could be more hassle for you to try than it's worth.

Once you've made your funstuff, there is a particular naming convention you must follow - otherwise it will not work.

"bluehat_b_2_2.md3"
bluehat is the funstuff name
the next value is for team (r/b)
Character ID (0,1,2 or 3) [which of the 2 females or 2 male characters]
Funstuff position (0,1 or 2)
0 = face (can wear with or without a helmet)
1 = head (will disappear with a helmet)
2 = back (will disappear with a medkit)

I may have some of this info mixed up, but I do know it's something similar (forgive me, it's been 13 years since I made funstuff..)
You could probably use current funstuff for reference. Though the hardest part will be trying to find an editor that will import/export .md3 models

/// Thank you very much! :) ///

#4 User is offline   Kirstenwilliamson23 Icon

Posted 11 June 2021 - 07:55 AM

I like the way you detailed this one so far. I believe this will be efficient when it comes to working out on the design that you guys are aiming for. This one is a bit tricky as well but one can come up with a quick way in analysing the way it is done at the very least too,

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942