Urban Terror Forums: Ranked UrT4 Leagues? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ranked UrT4 Leagues? Rate Topic: -----

How can players find servers at their skill level?

#1 User is offline   betaversion Icon

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:36 PM

For AUTH users, is there a system in place or other means of finding public servers for players at their level? Or rather, is there a way for public server admins to identify and filter the skill level of the players on their server, so that a given player, at whatever skill level, is able to find and join a public server with other players at his level? If such a system or script doesn't exist, how could it be implemented on public servers?... Perhaps requiring both AUTH and also !Register when joining the server?... I don't know, I'm just guessing. I hope we can discuss this topic. I would like to hear from experienced public server admins, and players generally. Please comment.

#2 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 14 May 2021 - 07:31 PM

B3 an other bots can certainly track stats and assign ranks. I recall that a few years back there actually were some servers (i think nexunity) where you had to reach a certain rank one one to play on the Competitive server.

There also are the pickup services, which are probably way more competitive than that.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   betaversion Icon

Posted 14 May 2021 - 09:13 PM

View PostIye, on 14 May 2021 - 07:31 PM, said:

B3 an other bots can certainly track stats and assign ranks. I recall that a few years back there actually were some servers (i think nexunity) where you had to reach a certain rank one one to play on the Competitive server.

There also are the pickup services, which are probably way more competitive than that.

Thank you for that info, @lye. I posted the same query on the UT Official Discord server, and there has been quite a discussion. Folks may want to check it out, and/or reply here.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942