Urban Terror Forums: Can the newer/improved Quake3e engine run UrT? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can the newer/improved Quake3e engine run UrT? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Deathrite Icon

• Account: deathrite

Posted 15 May 2021 - 12:41 PM

There has been work to improve ioq3 on this repo https://github.com/ec-/Quake3e. I'm wondering has anybody tried using this to run the UrT mod, has it worked? Are there benefits? Interested to know how if anybody knows how. I can get the repo built but I'm not sure (on linux) how to tell UrT to use Quake3e...

#2 User is offline   Deathrite Icon

Posted 01 June 2021 - 01:48 PM

This post has been edited by Deathrite: 01 June 2021 - 01:56 PM

#3 User is offline   Deathrite Icon

Posted 01 June 2021 - 01:55 PM

Ten or so days after I posted this here a discussion on UZ's forum happened.

http://urban-zone.or...iewtopic&t=2646

Download: http://urban-zone.or...details&id=1280

Repo for UrT version: https://gitgud.io/bi...3eurt/README.md

Thanks to all the pro players who already use optimized builds for not commenting here to try to keep their advantage and thus, teaching a man how to fish.

This post has been edited by Deathrite: 01 June 2021 - 02:29 PM

#4 User is offline   Notslackin Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: notslackin
  • Main tag:

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:57 PM

View PostDeathrite, on 01 June 2021 - 01:55 PM, said:

Ten or so days after I posted this here a discussion on UZ's forum happened.

http://urban-zone.or...iewtopic&t=2646

Download: http://urban-zone.or...details&id=1280

Repo for UrT version: https://gitgud.io/bi...3eurt/README.md

Thanks to all the pro players who already use optimized builds for not commenting here to try to keep their advantage and thus, teaching a man how to fish.

You know that the competitive players don't use these forums much and that's why they did not comment? They are not trying to hide it from you. Also, those posts are from last year, May 23rd 2020. So that happened a year before your post here, not 10 days after. The community works together, they just might not be on these forums often.

#5 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 16 June 2021 - 09:08 PM

View PostNotslackin, on 07 June 2021 - 01:57 PM, said:

You know that the competitive players don't use these forums much and that's why they did not comment? They are not trying to hide it from you.

Sure. And cheaters doesn't exist.
As true as it is that those forums are not most used by some it is really naive to think there is not a big percentage of people who wants to deceive others so they can win easily/easier. As for the different clients when everybody in 4.3 is so spongey and take up to 300% amount of damage to die and some other game-breaking bugs playing Urban Terror is basically pointless.

What they could've done better is a public announcement that there are other clients that everybody could try. Honestly, devs got a lot of stuff to do and in such situations it is easy to miscommunicate/forget to do something. Also, different clients are providing different pros and cons and are not balanced with each other. There are clients with pure cheats in them. Yet by cheat for me, it is not what is locked inside the qvm, but everything that gives one player an unfair advantage/s over another. If we have to speak of FoV cheating there was signing FoV change to a specific button - the said player switches constantly between 90 and 110 at will.
Some scripting it was if I remembered correctly.

As I mentioned before it is not worthy to play UrT as it is. The problem is if the multiclient issue persist in UrT HD. 4.3 is a placeholder and there are folks that desperately want to play UrT till they wait for a proper version.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Notslackin Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Main tag:

Posted 24 June 2021 - 03:04 AM

View PostTxc, on 16 June 2021 - 09:08 PM, said:

Sure. And cheaters doesn't exist.
As true as it is that those forums are not most used by some it is really naive to think there is not a big percentage of people who wants to deceive others so they can win easily/easier. As for the different clients when everybody in 4.3 is so spongey and take up to 300% amount of damage to die and some other game-breaking bugs playing Urban Terror is basically pointless.

What they could've done better is a public announcement that there are other clients that everybody could try. Honestly, devs got a lot of stuff to do and in such situations it is easy to miscommunicate/forget to do something. Also, different clients are providing different pros and cons and are not balanced with each other. There are clients with pure cheats in them. Yet by cheat for me, it is not what is locked inside the qvm, but everything that gives one player an unfair advantage/s over another. If we have to speak of FoV cheating there was signing FoV change to a specific button - the said player switches constantly between 90 and 110 at will.
Some scripting it was if I remembered correctly.

As I mentioned before it is not worthy to play UrT as it is. The problem is if the multiclient issue persist in UrT HD. 4.3 is a placeholder and there are folks that desperately want to play UrT till they wait for a proper version.

lololololol, there's plenty of hacks out there, yes. But in the context of this thread, no one is "hiding" the client that is publicly posted on UZ forums, it's publicly posted! lmao, I'm sorry that your views on the world are so dark. Must be terrible living in such a pessimistic and paranoid world.

PS: It's not UrT HD. It's UrbanTerror: Resurgence. HD died years ago.

Also, if my computer is better, my connection is better, my headphones are better, my mouse is better, by your definition, that's cheating. Life isn't fair, never will be, make the most of your life and enjoy it.

#7 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 07 July 2021 - 09:22 PM

The context was obvious.
Your issues of understanding of a simple context is your concern only.
You'd be glad to know that the feelings are similar, but I don't feel sorry for you. But Schadenfreude.
I am a realist. Which translates to paranoia to the naive mind.
Closing your eyes can be pleasant for a moment or more. Till conditions don't change drastically
Gullible people can be easy and fun to use.
No, it is an unfair advantage to have a better PC nor connection. And you got to have good ones. It doesn't give you much of an advantage, but I can easily see how on low skill levels it looks like that. Naming each and every component won't make your argument more persuasive. And I am sure you missed the most important ones without which not only will your computer not work, but
without those, there is no computer at all...
As much as you'd like to entertain me with a nice trashtalk. Unfortunately for you you simply lack the required skills and therefore there is not a lot of enjoyment.

#8 User is offline   Notslackin Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Main tag:

Posted 12 July 2021 - 03:38 AM

View PostTxc, on 07 July 2021 - 09:22 PM, said:

The context was obvious.
Your issues of understanding of a simple context is your concern only.
You'd be glad to know that the feelings are similar, but I don't feel sorry for you. But Schadenfreude.
I am a realist. Which translates to paranoia to the naive mind.
Closing your eyes can be pleasant for a moment or more. Till conditions don't change drastically
Gullible people can be easy and fun to use.
No, it is an unfair advantage to have a better PC nor connection. And you got to have good ones. It doesn't give you much of an advantage, but I can easily see how on low skill levels it looks like that. Naming each and every component won't make your argument more persuasive. And I am sure you missed the most important ones without which not only will your computer not work, but
without those, there is no computer at all...
As much as you'd like to entertain me with a nice trashtalk. Unfortunately for you you simply lack the required skills and therefore there is not a lot of enjoyment.

Lmao, man, you need to chill. I wasn't trash talking you, lol

Not sure why you are so passionate about an engine that was posted on UZ publicly over a year ago, or maybe it's just forum posts that really get you fired up? (I'm still not "trash talking" you, I'm simply pondering why you are so worked up.)

#9 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 29 July 2021 - 02:05 PM

any quake3e mac version out there or anyone capable of creating one?
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#10 User is offline   PureFilth Icon

• Account: purefilth
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 29 July 2021 - 06:11 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 29 July 2021 - 02:05 PM, said:

any quake3e mac version out there or anyone capable of creating one?

Try this: https://github.com/o...r-slim/releases

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942