Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello from an old player. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Bl1p Icon

• Account: bl1p

Posted 22 August 2021 - 07:52 AM

I just saw the news article about it being 21 years for URT, so decided to pop in and say hello.
Not sure anyone would remember me though. I was 34, 21 years ago :)

Anyway, hello from an old guy who remembers the fond times playing URT.

I AM THE BL1P
-==NER NER==-

#2 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 22 August 2021 - 07:51 PM

I'm not … _that_ old ;) …

21 years ago I was 23. It was a peak part in my life, first time I truly had my own apartment and then soon discovered UrT; so guess what how many nights looked like.

I know it's not necessary many ppls favorite, but boi I loved ut4_swim; this ridiculous sliding on the roof and ppl sniping each other, insane. Though not sure if swim did exist that early, I believe rather not and I played other maps. Mostly my memory of this part is a bit hazy.

About that 10 years later I had my "comeback" when UrT 4 was in full swing and that's were I in fact remembered most of my fun time. Ah, ut4_superman: what a hollywood-esque map!

Also ut4_eagle, very cool setting; I think I wrote this somewhere else in the forums already. I thought I was going to do mapping and learned me the bits and also deconstructed other maps to learn from them. And then I found some TXT file in there talking about the inspiration of the map and that's how I found out about the movie https://en.wikipedia...ere_Eagles_Dare . So exiting.

Oh, oh, one more! rommel! man, that map. That vinyl playing Piaf, what a setting.

fun times

#3 User is offline   Idellnovak Icon

• Account: idellnovak

Posted 03 September 2021 - 04:14 AM

Welcome, I am relatively new here!! Enjoy the forum!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942