Urban Terror Forums: 2 very similar PCs on same network, one runs Urt perfect, the other does not - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 very similar PCs on same network, one runs Urt perfect, the other does not Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 05 January 2023 - 05:00 PM

I have a most odd issue. I have 2 PCs that hardware wise are nearly identical. Same MB, CPU, RAM. One is Windows 7, the other Windows 10. Both are hardwired on the same gigabit network.

The Windows 7 one has always run UrT perfectly whereas the Windows 10 one simply won't run it. I swapped the video card from my Windows 7 machine into my Windows 10 machine since the Win 7 machine had the better video card and it didn't help at all. The Win 7 machine still runs UrT perfectly with the less powerful video card.

When running UrT on my Win10 machine the netgraph goes absolutely bonkers (in a bad way) which seems to cause the FPS to drop as well. If I open a map offline using devmap it runs smoothly, although the FPS does still drop more than the Win7 machine does.

I'm at a loss. I've tried doing selective startup and disabling all non Microsoft services to no avail. Disabled my antivirus. The Win 10 machine doesn't have an issues with anything else. I can do an extended ping test and it's 100% solid. I do the iRacing sim on it with no issues. It just won't run Urt. There are more things installed on my Win 10 machine, and multiple VPN clients (which I have tried disabling) but once again everything else, including iRacing works perfectly. Anyone have any ideas?

#2 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 24 January 2023 - 03:46 PM

No ideas?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942