Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

low frequencies gone? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:29 PM

hi, I got a strange problem before a little while. when I was playing for around an hour the sound sudently started giving out only high frequences, you know, no "bass" sounds. at first I thought it was the cable to the earphones because it has happened before but just after I went to X and started xmms everything was normal again. I don't have high hopes for anyone knowing what it is but, I'll give it a shot with this thread.

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:33 AM

no bass only in Q3?

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:23 PM

yes, in urt at least. when I restarted it or tried xmms after it was quit it went to normal.

uhm, if you meant, if another program would play correctly its sound at the same time with urt, it didn't cross my mind to test it at that time :roll:

#4 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:42 PM

[quote name='"fs"]yes' date=' in urt at least. when I restarted it or tried xmms after it was quit it went to normal.[/quote']also if you use the oss output plugin of xmms?

[quote name='"fs"]uhm' date=' if you meant, if another program would play correctly its sound at the same time with urt, it didn't cross my mind to test it at that time :roll:[/quote']i didn't

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:54 PM

yes, it's the oss emulation alsa module on an old dual channel sb16 es1371. I've renamed adsp to dsp and vice versa in a udev script, xmms with its oss module, teamspeak or whatever I want to use with quake3 gets adsp which is the only with dual/mic support, and quake3 takes the remaining dsp device. I have no .asoundrc.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:37 PM

no idea then. scratch your q3 config and retry?

#7 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

'll do.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942