Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Linux Server Help! Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Taurus

Posted 24 April 2004 - 01:20 AM

Hello all,

I am trying to set up a linux Urban Terror 3.4 server, but I says I need to download all the versions of Urban terror, 3.0 - 3.4. Problem Is the only linux file I can seem to find is the 3.4 update. Does anyone know where I can get the rest of the files I need for a linux install? I assume (maybe wrongly) that the files on the front page are for windows.

If the files are interchangeable, then can I just copy the q3ut3 folder from my windows box over to the linux box? It is the cleint I use to connect and play games on the internet, but maybe the files are all in there for every os?!?!?

Thank You,

Taurus

#2 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 24 April 2004 - 07:27 AM

Hey. the files are same for linux and windows, since the pk's are only containers of files Urt uses.

Only thing that is different between llinux and windows is the executables afaik.

#3 User is offline   meth (old) Icon

Posted 01 May 2004 - 06:19 AM

youll need the linux quake 3 1.32b point release, run that from a shell and install it, then upload or wget your urbanterror3.4 FULL install [ http://s2.urbanservers.com/dl.php - i have 3.4 FULL .zip there ] download that and extracte it in the quake3 directory the pointrelease made, make sure it goes into the q3ut3 directory

you can start the server like:
./q3ded +fs_game q3ut3

or try my scontrol listed in the start stop bla bla post i made.. short and quick cause i think u figured it out already, no?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942