Urban Terror Forums: Need an idiotproof manual or help for making urt movies - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need an idiotproof manual or help for making urt movies Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:35 PM

I have a question is there a complete idiot proof way of making a urt video, ive tryed: Fraps --> Yes idiot proof, only problem 30 sec, of recording time :S
AVIedit-> Not idiot proof enough and there is no ingame sound. I have tryed this tutorial http://www.am-soft.r...3_demos_to_avi/ it works but i only get 2 seconds of avi file.

So my question or a way of useing fraps without paying or if somebody can find them more tutorials.

PLS help me
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and yes I have made a demo first, everybody asks that :)

#2 User is offline   autoaim.cfg (old) Icon

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:24 PM

Seven.... Come talk to me in #InTribe on ETG, irc.enterthegame.com

#3 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:31 PM

Do you use Linux? If yes, simply read the FAQ I wrote in the Linux subforum - http://www.forums.ur...opic.php?t=2496 - and scroll down to the last question.

If you don't use Linux, read the FAQ anyway because it's not entirely Linux-specific and replace the the Linux software I mentioned with any Windows program which can convert an image sequence to a movie. For example, Virtualdub - http://www.virtualdub.org/ - can convert an image sequence, I suspect.

To record the ingame sound, record from your soundcard.

Oh, and if you're really going to produce a movie, could please honor my request? Please use the XviD codec to encode your movie, not something gay like M$ Windows Media Video.

#4 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:03 PM

The XViD codec changes so often, and version compatibility is so bad that you can actually crash your media player some times. DivX or MPEG are really the two best options. Don't get me wrong, XViD is great, they just need to make different revisions work a little better together, instead of dying horribly.

#5 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:19 PM

autoaim.cfg i will take you up on your offer, next friday im finished with my final exams so ill see you then, dont know if you are American or not but ill pm you :P .

I dont use Linux but I will have a look thx F for Fragging

and Illogical i was going to use DivX.

THX ALL :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:14 PM

[quote name='"illogical"]The XViD codec changes so often' date=' and version compatibility is so bad that you can actually crash your media player some times. DivX or MPEG are really the two best options. Don't get me wrong, XViD is great, they just need to make different revisions work a little better together, instead of dying horribly.[/quote']
hmm...never had such a problem with it...and i did encoding years ago...nowadays i only watch xvid vids...

i had problems with divx though...divx3, you know ;)

#7 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:27 AM

DivX and MPEG would be fine for me as well, as long as it's not anything MS I'll be happy.

BTW, just like Hobo I've never had any problems with XviD either, but I did have with divx3, wich required an older version of te DivX codec to be installed, otherwise it wouldn't play.

#8 User is offline   No|Leaf|Clover (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, USA

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:09 PM

For gaming movies, xvid is by far superior. From my experiences and those of other gaming movie makers, the later revisions of divx have trouble with high-motion scenes (which gaming movies are full of).

Seven of Nine: fraps is definitely the easiest way to go. Capturing in-game sound the oldschool way (recording a wav through the sound card, then syncing it with an image sequence, then exporting the whole thing) is a pain in the ass. That said, video and audio captured the old way will give much better quality than fraps will, though it takes forever.

#9 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:12 PM

thanks No|Leaf|Clover, im going to do it the old skool way. :lol:

#10 User is offline   No|Leaf|Clover (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, USA

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:21 PM

Sweet, good luck. I used Fraps for "Hand of Destiny", and though it made life easy, I wasn't overly satisfied with audio and video quality. That's why I'm doing it the oldschool way for "Premonition". But damn, it's so annoyingly tedious.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942