Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My first movie...rofl Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   LegioN (old) Icon

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:06 AM

Hey everyone...I've finally recorded my first demo ever, and converted it to .avi. Heh, it's over 4 gigabytes... :-) and only about 1.5 minutes long! I've gotta work on that. :oops: Anyway, it's a vid of me on superman doing a jump i've been trying to do for a few days. I jump from the 3 buildings to the blue roof...skip across to the garage, land on the arrow to the red roof...skip across to the white building, and land on the arrow that shoots me to the car behind the red building....without pancaking! :oops: I'm proud of myself!! Heh! Anyway...hope to see you guys on Wildcardz!

LegioN

#2 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:52 AM

haha cool =) Try converting it with some data loss though, the quality will not be perfect ofcourse, but this way you can quickly reduce filesize...

#3 User is offline   FreakZoid (old) Icon

• LocationPortugal

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:58 PM

Supermanb3 monkey...

#4 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:15 PM

Over four Gigabytes for 1,5 minutes???

Reduce the resolution and encode it with a good codec, XviD or DivX for example. Then you should be able to get the filesize under 25 MB.

#5 User is offline   No|Leaf|Clover (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, USA

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:48 PM

LegioN, you'll need to compress the movie with xvid or divx. I personally recommend xvid. If you have an uncompressed avi exported, open it in virtualdub (click here), go to the video menu and choose compression, select xvid, click configure, set the bitrate between 2000 and 3000 kbps, OK your way out to the main screen, and do File, Save As.

There are more advanced methods of compression, but this will do the job decently.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:07 PM

xvid on mencoder on linux has an option called "cartoon". I suppose that is somehow functional on windows compressors as well. It groups more cryptic options to optimize the final video for animation movies which I suppose should be appropriate for game shots as well.

#7 User is offline   LegioN (old) Icon

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions guys...I appreciate the help!!!!

LegioN :)

#8 User is offline   DASPRiD (old) Icon

• LocationKarlsruhe, Germany

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:32 AM

well, i dunno that map, but show us the jump :)

#9 User is offline   Donner (old) Icon

• LocationMelbourne - Australia

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:20 PM

I'm not sure how and what you're using to put this together, but if it's a crapload of screenies taken over time, reduce the number captured.

EG. /cl_avidemo 25 down to about /cl_avidemo 20 will be fine. It might speed up slightly when you compress it in the end.

#10 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:45 PM

below 24 starts to feel a bit choppy. more than 25 is not easily noticeable though and it gets heavier to play.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942