• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hit Detection Explained Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:15 PM

hehe...yeah no s***! dokta8 did a great job on the first ARIES, but its long past overdue to update and fix issue, as the EU gamers scream "hits/no hits" during matches I cover
rest assured...those that complain now will continue to do so.

#22 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:54 PM

yeah I know...guess they will have to actually learn how to aim now.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

#23 User is offline   Mauri (old) Icon

• LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:29 AM

hehe...yeah no s***! dokta8 did a great job on the first ARIES, but its long past overdue to update and fix issue, as the EU gamers scream "hits/no hits" during matches I cover
rest assured...those that complain now will continue to do so.

Beyond the point, the fact is 3.7 had miserable hit detection. How many times did I see people emptying a clip on the other bloke's head, 10 feet away and not get a kill? Way too many times. Let's face it, if the hitcode was fine do you think 27 would waste his time coding a whole new one? :)
Just wait and see the difference, I know I have.

#24 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:58 AM

How many times did I see people emptying a clip on the other bloke's head, 10 feet away and not get a kill?

that can be normal when fire is kept pressed in automatic since most weapons have built-in inaccuracies. try shooting a wall from far in automatic, go near and see the holes are not in the same place. in urt, the first shot seems to be 100% accurate or close to it, and accuracy can be increased if tapping the fire key or firing in bursts. also the time a whole clip is emptied and nothing is hit, cg_lagometer should be also checked to make sure everything's fine with the network.

all nice and well wanting a better hit detection, but ignoring those facts (not Mauri that may knew about them but didn't mention it, anyone) proves the point complains about hit detection won't stop since in fact, sometimes they are not actually about hit detection, but about different issues or normal aspects of the game.

I hope though, the new system apart from improving what it improves, also acts as a placebo  :roll:

#25 User is offline   Mauri (old) Icon

• LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:04 PM

How many times did I see people emptying a clip on the other bloke's head, 10 feet away and not get a kill?

that can be normal when fire is kept pressed in automatic since most weapons have built-in inaccuracies. try shooting a wall from far in automatic, go near and see the holes are not in the same place. in urt, the first shot seems to be 100% accurate or close to it, and accuracy can be increased if tapping the fire key or firing in bursts. also the time a whole clip is emptied and nothing is hit, cg_lagometer should be also checked to make sure everything's fine with the network.

all nice and well wanting a better hit detection, but ignoring those facts proves the point complains about hit detection won't stop since in fact, they are not really about hit detection, but other issues or even normal aspects of the game.

I hope though, the new system apart from improving what it improves, also acts as a placebo  :roll:

Dude, not to sound like an idiot, but I've built myself a pretty good resume in UrT (5 Gold Cups in Clanbase, 2 second places in STA CTF, voted best player in last CB OpenCup, picked 3 or 4 times for STA All-Star match) I think I know how to aim and shoot ;) and I definitely know when the problem is not me.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:09 PM

I know, that's why I added..

(not Mauri that may knew about them but didn't mention it, anyone)

I didn't write that response about you, but to say some aspects are ignored by many and labeled 'hitting system bugs'.

#28 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:04 PM

rather than who is the current developers pet

we will need names.

#29 User is offline   Snoppis (old) Icon

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:08 PM

all nice and well wanting a better hit detection, but ignoring those facts (not Mauri that may knew about them but didn't mention it, anyone) proves the point complains about hit detection won't stop since in fact, sometimes they are not actually about hit detection, but about different issues or normal aspects of the game.

fs the whole community exept u knows that the 3.7 hitdetection sux. Maybe ur aim is so bad so u dont notice it  :roll:

allthu the 3.8 hitdetection is very good so im happy.

#30 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:17 PM

fs the whole community exept u knows that the 3.7 hitdetection sux. Maybe ur aim is so bad so u dont notice it  :roll:

allthu the 3.8 hitdetection is very good so im happy.

gg going off topic and attacking personally. I didn't  talk about the quality of 3.7 or 3.8's hit detection but the obvious tendency of many players to see "bugs" everywhere.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942