Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Important info for mappers about 4.0 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   downfall (old) Icon

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:42 PM

Updated the opening post with the info from http://www.forums.ur...7.html#msg89907 .

good job.

#22 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

Updated the opening post with the info from
http://www.forums.ur...5.html#msg90075

#23 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:01 AM

As a rule of thumb, I wouldn't rely on objects or textures made by other designers.  We have seen this time and time again where a level gets dropped from the mod and it breaks other 3rd party levels.  Same goes with the baseq3 assets.  If you didn't make it, you cant complain if it gets moved or goes away.  My advice, make your own content.

ut4_superman_b4 went through extensive localization work to be an effective stand-alone map. A rule I came up with for myself is if I can play the map in any other quake3 mod - then there are truly no reliances upon any UrT media nor other map media.

There is one grey catch to the method though. Until I can acquire new textures/media for all existing media references, I've resourced said media to fall under (i.e.) textures/ut4_superman_b4/texture.tga when it was textures/other/texture.tga. While much cross-referencing has been removed, the ethics may be questioned.

#24 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

• LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:02 AM

As long as you have permission of the author, I don't see a problem with renaming.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942