• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

raidant 1.5 support for UT4 ????? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ZELLIS Icon

• Account: zellis
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:21 PM

is anyone using this version for mapping in UT4???  i figured out how to set everything up
1. shader list works fine
2. textures work fine.
3. def files load fine.
4. map compiles fine using radiant so i get "mymap.bsp"
5. *problem* i cant make radiant open iourbanterror.exe to bedug/test the .bsp.

C:/Program Files/UrbanTerror/q3ut4/iourbanterror.exe +set sv_pure 0 +set fs_game UT4_TEST +devmap unnamed
Failed to execute the following command: C:/Program Files/UrbanTerror/q3ut4/quake3.exe +set sv_pure 0 +set fs_game UT4_TEST +devmap unnamed

can anyone help or have a different way to test a .bsp in ut4 ? :? :?

thank you.

#2 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:55 PM

I think most people just run urbanterror as they normally do, and just load the map from the console. You just have to remember to set sv_pure to 0.

Personally, I have an extra desktop icon just for loading the map I'm currently working on.

For example:
G:Gamesquake3quake3.exe +set fs_game q3ut3 +set com_hunkmegs 128 +set com_zonemegs 64 +set sv_pure 0 +set timescale 1 +set r_fullscreen 0 +devmap ut4_mandolin +set r_gamma 1 +set sv_cheats 1 +r_overbrightbits 0 +r_mapoverbrightbits 0 +set r_picmip 0

#3 User is offline   tub (old) Icon

• Locationut_abbey

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:22 AM

is anyone using this version for mapping in UT4???  i figured out how to set everything up
1. shader list works fine
2. textures work fine.
3. def files load fine.
4. map compiles fine using radiant so i get "mymap.bsp"
5. *problem* i cant make radiant open iourbanterror.exe to bedug/test the .bsp.

can anyone help or have a different way to test a .bsp in ut4 ? :? :?

thank you.

You have to put a quote around the entire path: "C:/Program Files/UrbanTerror/q3ut4/quake3.exe", otherwise it's going to try and run C:/Program, with the first argument of: Files/UrbanTerror/q3ut4/quake3.exe

#4 User is offline   ZELLIS Icon

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:43 AM

ioQ3 1.33urt win-x86 Apr  2 2007
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:Program FilesUrbanTerror/UT4_TEST
C:Program FilesUrbanTerror/baseq3

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files
Couldn't load default.cfg

#5 User is offline   tub (old) Icon

• Locationut_abbey

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:36 AM

I do remember there were issues a long time ago with spaces in path names. You could try moving the urt folder directly under the c: drive ( C:UrbanTerror ) and see if that helps at all.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ZELLIS Icon

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:37 PM

ok, i figured it out  :-D, well just running a bat file to load it, i still have to test radiant 1.5 to see if it will auto load the bsp yet, ill do that tonight. so here is what i did to make it all work. maby this thread could be made sticky.

RADIANT1.5 using IOURBANTERROR.EXE

1.INSTALL RADIANT AS NORMAL.
2. EDIT C:PROGRAMS FILESGDKRADIANT1.5GAMESQ3.GAME
       EDIT entityclasstype="xml"   TO:   entityclasstype="def"
       EDIT ENGINE_WIN32/=QUAKE3 TO: ENGINE_WIN/=IOURBANTERROR
3. INSTALL URBANTERROR.DEF INTO C:PROGRAMS FILESGDKRADIANT1.5Q3.GAMEBASEQ3
4. INSTALL ENTITLIES.DEF INTO C:PROGRAMS FILESGDKRADIANT1.5Q3.GAMEBASEQ3
5. INSTALL TEXTURES INTO C:PROGRAMS FILESURBAN TERRORQ3UT4BASEQ3TEXTURES
6. INSTALL SHADERLIST.TXT INTO C:PROGRAMS FILESURBAN TERRORQ3UT4BASEQ3SCRIPTS
7. INSTALL Q3MAP2 FS 20g or the latest into your radiant1.5 root dir. (overwrite the older file.)
8. CREATE A "MAP" DIRECTORY INSIDE YOUR Q3UT4 DIRECTORY  C:PROGRAMS FILESURBAN TERRORQ3UT4MAP
        PLACE YOUR INPROCESS MAPS HERE "MYMAP.BSP
9. CREATE A .BAT FILE IN YOUR "URBAN TERROR" DIRECTORY. with the following string:   iourbanterror.exe +set sv_pure 0 +set fs_game q3ut4map +devmap UT4_my_map_name
10. TO MAKE the COMMON shaders work (cauck, clip,ect.) go here --> http://www.forums.ur...pic,7631.0.html
i will confirm that radiant can launch the game tonight, then edit this post to verify all info is correct and working.
EDIT: as of 4-14-07 i cannot make raidant start iourbanterror.exe start in debug mode after a map has been compiled via raidant. i still have to use a bat file to make it load manualy.

special thanks to tub and nulL for making me think.

#7 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:50 AM

Whoa. That's ghetto hacked. :) j/k but one of the main issues FS has is to eliminate baseq3 from q3ut4, entirely. Although your method may work for radiant 1.5, I can't say this would be an optimal q3ut4 environment.

#8 User is offline   ZELLIS Icon

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:57 AM

very true on the HAX duck  :-D . as for the baseq3 directory, there are 0 quake3 assets in this folder, its just a folder that shares the same name as the one located in the QUAKE III dir. the only reason its there right now is because radiant is looking for it. im sure if i hack a little longer i could find path and re-direct so the textures and scripts don't have to be in that dir. why would this not be optimal for the q3ut4 enviroment?  as long as i have a clean .pk3 package containing all my textures, shaders,etc there should be no issue.

#9 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:39 AM

Not optimal because it's a hax setup. I'm not calling out your method, because I too know the pains to make radiant work. This just happens to be right at the time I've got a project going on to straighten all the kinks so please excuse my hax bias, I mean no harm.

Agreed, we need this effort if urt4 is going to see any quantity of fresh blood i.e. new maps in the coming year. The included maps are decent, however a bit claustrophobic for my tastes. Regardless, let's bringeth the levelage. :)

Kudos for figuring it out man.

#10 User is offline   ZELLIS Icon

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:28 AM

no problem duck, ho harm taken. im a Noob mapper, ive only made a few maps for 3.7 but never completed them. i happened to get a bug up my a$$ and wanted to make raidant1.5 work for 4.0. im gona try to actually finish a map this time and see if i can make a HIT! so im learning from you all by my challinging questions. i just want to make sure im doing what needs to be done to make it work. thanks  :-D 

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942