• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Map Problems Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Tmaxx

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:01 PM

Hello All,

I've been having problems getting on servers since the last 2 updates. I've downloaded TONS of maps and it seems like I still cant get to the servers. Like...I know I have casa map, I start logging into the server from the ingame browser, and It says I don't have the village map. It's like the map thats indicated in the ingame browser or even Gameranger isn't the map thats being played. In some instances, I know I have the map it's trying to DL even. All my maps reside in the root level of the qtut folder. There's also a folder named documents with a map folder and a text file. Then there's an UrbanTerror31 folder in the root level also, that has documents/Maps, models, skyboxes, and texture folders in it. They are all empty.

Can anybody offer any help?

#2 Guest_Robo-X

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:31 PM

It can be a little tricky to make it work. First what version did you download?

Easiest is to download the full archive of 3.4 which comes with 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 pak files. All of those are necessary for Urban Terror to work properly. If you have downloaded version 3.0 and installed the UT3.4 update you are missing all the pak files that were released earlier.

So basically you need to have these files in the q3ut3 folder:
description.txt
zQ3UT3.pk3
zQ3UT31.pk3
zQ3UT32.pk3
zQ3UT33.pk3
zQ3UT34.pk3

Also make sure to download automatic downloads of maps from servers in the options settings. This will stop UT from downloading maps that the server have installed but not being played or even included in the server cyclemap.

//Rob

#3 User is offline   frag slut medic (old) Icon

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:39 PM

so you have it like this?

quake3/q3ut3/(all maps and zQUT3.pk3 files here)?

make sure your folder is listed as q3ut3 when it's inside your quake 3 folder. see if that helps.

my path is like this: stuff/games/quake3/q3ut3

there is also a copy of the UrbanTerror31 Folder in my quake3 directory which has things in its documents folder like maps, models, skyboxes, etc all with items in them.

maybe you didn't install correctly?

cheers,
frag slut =medic=

#4 User is offline   HornetOSX (old) Icon

• LocationDenver CO Home of the Av's

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:44 PM

make sure you are not expanding the pk3 files.

#5 Guest_Tmaxx

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:45 PM

Thanks for the response. It appears all my files are where they belong. I figure I'll dl the full zip file and start from scratch. All I can find is the exe file. Anybody have a link?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   frag slut medic (old) Icon

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:14 PM

i think the .exe should be fine to use. just put things where they need to go.

#7 Guest_Tmaxx

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:16 AM

Macs don't know what an exe file is.

..still looking for the full installer

#8 Guest_Robo-X

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:32 AM

You could use VPC if you have that to install the full version of UT 3.4 and then move the q3ut3 folder to the Mac Quake 3 folder and it should work.

//Rob

#9 User is offline   fragomatic Icon

• Account: fragomatic

Posted 04 April 2004 - 06:16 AM

VPC opens .exe files??

#10 User is offline   HornetOSX (old) Icon

• LocationDenver CO Home of the Av's

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:25 AM

there is no mac full installer . I have not made it .. yet ..... dl the zips and combine them

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942