Urban Terror Forums: MAC URBAN TERROR FAQ's that are not FAQ's YET add here for Mod to Add to FAQ... - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

MAC URBAN TERROR FAQ's that are not FAQ's YET add here for Mod to Add to FAQ... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ElmoTheSniper (old) Icon

• LocationNYC

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:05 AM

What about the new Duelcore MacBookPro computers...any chance of getting it to run or should I wait till the new release is out?

#2 User is offline   Spike (old) Icon

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:02 PM

What about the new Duelcore MacBookPro computers...any chance of getting it to run or should I wait till the new release is out?

I think QuakeIII is universal binary supported? Then it should work...

#3 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:21 AM

I think QuakeIII is universal binary supported? Then it should work...

Not the official one no. But with FS' new standalone version it seems to be working to use the OS-version that's been made. We'll see. The best would be if FS would use someone to make a UB .app for them. I am sure there are someone out there who would like to make it for free just to get the name spread.

#4 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:02 PM

Sorry for replying here, cause I dont know anything about macs. So I dont really know if this reply is any usefull.

But in general, it's like this:

If you can get ioquake3 ( http://www.icculus.org/quake3/ ) or the normal IDsoftware quake3 to run on it, urbanterror can (most probably) too. It can only use pb with the normal IDsoftware quake3 though.

I have no idea what it is, but http://icculus.org/quake3/?page=get also seems to have a Universal Binary, that thing you were talking about ;)

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:10 PM

it's a file that has two binaries, one for ibms, one for intels, + common parts, each running automatically depending on the case and it's used to avoid confusion when moving from ibm to intel and avoid using slow amulators.

the one from icculus should work fine (without pb).

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   T3ebO Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: t3ebo
  • Main tag: |UG|

Posted 15 October 2006 - 08:03 AM

I'm running UrT 3.7 on a MacBook. Only still have a few frustrating bugs, like crash to desketop at next map (even on pressing "next"playing Q3 single player).
Also, a question: how do I paste server adress into the console, and how do I bring down the console while i  the main menu? These things don't seem to work for me. And only Mortal starts UrT via Q3, so I get the ugly menu sounds and the q3config in baseq3 is used for my UrT graphic options.

#7 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:25 PM

Use the Urt-launcher program: http://sidekick.stud.../MacUrT_2.0.zip that should be able to start Urt normally.

Console can be opened by pressing tilde ( ~ ).

I dont know about the nextmap bug.

#8 User is offline   Colonel Blimp (old) Icon

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:51 AM

I have no idea what it is, but http://icculus.org/quake3/?page=get also seems to have a Universal Binary, that thing you were talking about ;)

FWIW Icculus is responsible for nearly every games port available on the Mac, I can't think of a big name game ported to Mac that he hasn't done.

#9 User is offline   zyu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: zyu
  • Main tag: =vSC=

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:40 PM

A tip to turn off one cpu core:

- Navigate to
~\Library\Application Support\HWPrefs\CPUPalette

- Double click will open the application
- Click on the minus to deactivate a core and on plus to activate one

Have fun!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942